Torus XT info and headset help

jackbike

Dirt Disciple
Hi, Ive recently been given a Torus XT, with a wonderful looking set of forks on it. No maker, only a six digit serial number hand etched on the lower yoke. Ti bolts and bar with Al clamps and yokes. I would like to fit a set of Tange forks with a 1" steerer, but unsure of headset required to do this. The present development looking forks have (bespoke) outer races to accomodate taper roller bearings no less! Superb location of the yokes but with the bars being where they are my wife can't stretch to them. Any help, suggestions or info gratefully received,
eversota
jb.
I'll try to add pix but file limit is boring!

Attachments

• f'book torus fork.jpg
    f'book torus fork.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,315
Trimnell Forks

They sound like trimnell forks.

Try searching these forums for them.. They are like rocking horse shoes.

Torus XT

I have just acquired one of these in original spec' and the standard forks were the U.G.L.I. Titanium straight bladed, obviously XT through out, Dynatech stem and post. Some frames were painted, some polished, some natural Ti. quite a few were run with early Pace RC35 Atmos' forks.

wow, so much forking interest. Now for the bad news. One of the handlebar clamps has broken at some point and been rather messily welded back up. One clamp is needed to make them useable

I'm looking into the spares, re-man. possibility but I think I'd get a better deal if I broke them for parts. Do you need specific bits?

The forks are worth getting repaired properly.

Try one of the select frame builders, such as argos, etc, the cost of the repair will be worth it. An alternative is to get the repair tested and cleaned up, that again would be worth it.

Back