1992 Orange Aluminium Elite.

Sithlord":2boj27hn said:
:) very nice... going to follow this with great interest,, as an 'O' is incoming.. :) ;)

Looking forward to seeing this one too - got to get my finger out and finish mine! :shock:

Ed, have you tried Nitromors on those last tricky bits of laquer? - that's how I got rid of the stuff on mine! :D Anymore 'elite' questions - you know where to come!!

Good luck with the Autosol polishing - took about a month ( or 2 ) to do mine!

boy"O"boy

Yep, using nitro but still keep missing bits. :oops: Start to polish only to find a 1mm patch of laquer! :roll:

Will be pestering you in the future for info no doubt ;) Just hope the XTR I've bought turns out to be tidy.

Quick update for this one. Spent the last day or two finishing off the polishing. Finally got the laquer off and sanded out the worst marks. Got bored of trying to make it perfect so it wont be winning bike of the month any time soon but I'm happy with the finish, nice and shiny. :cool:

Applied the decals and gave it a final coat of car wax so now it's time to start on the other parts. Seen a few of these with dark rims and think they look great. I have a spare set so they'll be coming the Elite's way. Think I've also got a complete DX groupo in various boxes so that's what will be used. :D

More updates as and when. May even try to get it up and running for the bdw'er but that will probably come too soon.

Very nice indeed, and probably a better job than you let on, in your pm's ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Nice bit of inspiration now that I have an Alu'O' in the pipeline....

Dude. That looks alot better than last time I saw it.

Think we might need to take the van BDW if your bringing all 3 bikes :LOL: ;)

GT-Steve":2rjgkzgk said:
Very nice indeed, and probably a better job than you let on, in your pm's ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Notice how there's no super close ups? :eek: ;) :LOL:

Certainly could be finished to a higher standard but it looks good enough to me. Been busy in the last few hours so here's a few more pictures. Need to polish it again now though 'cos I've put greasy finger marks all over it! :roll: :D

:-(

Gutted - my frame doesn't have Power Stay decals on the chainstays?

Orange3.jpg

most kind

Thanks most kind of you - but it'll only live under the chain slap protector so it's prob not worth the stamp. Does my frame have odd square graphics or is that standard?

Orange started messing about with different decal designs around 1992 (they bought a new machine!) and by 93/94 most of their decals were the same style as yours. Don't see many original Elite's with the block decals so yours is a bit special ;)

Back