2002/3 ish DeKerf UK Ltd Edition

suburbanreuben":1dsvncme said:
You can only respray/ oven bake a steel frame so many times before the steel turns to mush...

really? i didn't know that. why is it so?

The same heat treatment that helps give the steel it's strength can be overdone. The steel starts to lose it's zing.

suburbanreuben":3dts1udm said:
You can only respray/ oven bake a steel frame so many times before the steel turns to mush...

bugger you've just put me right off it now as i don't want to risk it. so how many times can do you do it? 2,3,4? i've only had my kilauea resprayed once so would that still be ok?

Is there any way to respray a frame which doesn't involve it getting oven baked?

haggis":c0giqdc2 said:
Is there any way to respray a frame which doesn't involve it getting oven baked?

sure, you can spray & varnish it instead, it's not as resistant as a powder coating though

yours doesn't look like it needs a new paintjob ?!

haggis":2zt277nh said:
suburbanreuben":2zt277nh said:

bugger you've just put me right off it now as i don't want to risk it. so how many times can do you do it? 2,3,4? i've only had my kilauea resprayed once so would that still be ok?

My '94 Dekerf has been re-sprayed twice and it is still the best riding bike ever made! Just don't keep re-spraying to suit your favourite shirt.

turns out this was the first time it had been sprayed so we're game on for a respray i think :D

Back