Name that frame time again.

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Any idea what this is, it is apparantly tange prestige and features ritchy drop outs.

Any ideas?

frame.jpg

frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

saracen killi comp (ish)
allegedley they were approached to build frames for somone else and the deal fell through so the un marked frames were passed onto the market
usually sold as ritcheys because of the dropouts
can either have tange prestige or tange infinity stickers on
just sold mine built up with full xt group pace forks and cross ride wheels really sweet ride and only weighed 13.5 kg as well- still a good weight for an xc machine
had to move it on as i bought a dave hinde dragon frame to build up and the wifes getting a bit cross with all the bikes(crap i think is her expression) in the garage

latest what mtb
kona kula £1700 11.1 kg(24.5 lb)
cotic soul £1740 12.1 kg (26.8 lb) both hardtails
i agree ful sus bikes come in at 13kg+ but at a higher price tag
so i gained 1.5 kg in weight for a tenth of the cost- mine cost £150 to build up and its all built with stuff proven over the years no trick stuff to worry about it snapping or having to change it or service it evey other ride
ferraris are light,powerfull and fast-landrovers are not but i know which one i would want to be in up a mountain
but at the end of the day its al about opinions and we are all allowed to have our own

sorry, wasn't being a weight weenie. just suprised a steel frame with quality tubing built in to such a heavy bike, i actually thought that was a typo :?

i was utterly amazed how light my kona ended up considering the cost.

no offence taken thats what these forums are for
wieghed it using a spring balence that is used to wiegh kitbags before expedtions and its always been within 1/2 to 3/4 of a kilo of what the scales wiegh at the airport
so it could wiegh12 .25 kg but the again could be 14 .25
considering the tanks i started riding nearly 20 years ago,whats available now and how much it cost i think thats fairley decent

Back