Hi,

I've got a Campagnolo track 144 165mm chainset:

right hand crank; special price £500
left hand crank £500
genuine Campagnolo track chainring bolts £100
genuine Campagnolo track 47 ring, it's 3/32 so a reasonable £200

Very good condition, no cracks.

campagnolotrackchainset.jpg

I could be quite interested in this. Do you have both crank bolt covers, or just one?

A set sold recently on the CTC forum for £35 - sadly I was to late :cry:

It would have gone great on my Carlton Track bike and allowed me to ride the Velodrome where you have to have 165 cranks - or so I'm led to believe.

It's amazing the difference 5mm makes. I saw a lovely 170mm set sell for only £80 or so on Ebay. Iit seems the better option, unless as you say you need 165mm for the Velodrome.

was told 170 was fine for track recently.. though it probably depends on the specific venue. hope so cos that's what is on mine!

Please no discussion on price as per the guidance.

Couple of you seem to be a little harsh towards Mr Cheesedisease too. If he says he isn't trading that's good enough for me....

jeffcapeshop":34tl8sxi said:
was told 170 was fine for track recently.. though it probably depends on the specific venue. hope so cos that's what is on mine!
As far as I've been told, Manchester require a minimum 11" bracket height and 165 cranks - unless anyone can tell me any different.

Cheesedisease":upu9x380 said:
I'm in two minds about whether to write much in reply here, as it feels like somehow trying to justify myself.

Zero need to justify yourself. You always get people like this on internet forums.

Where was the buyer for your chainset based? There's now way they could be from the UK! I can't imagine mounting them and getting heel-rub all over a set of cranks after chucking that sort of money at at them...

Maybe if I hold onto them for long enough my Miche cranks will be worth that... :roll:

Back