Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

here is my gringo.....

gringo.jpg

bomber supercomp m2 forks
tektro front disk, tektro rear V
sram x9 rear mech & shifter, deore front mech & shifter (soon to be swapped to x9)
DMR hubs, mavic rims
dave hinde own branded flat bar & stem
ritchey bar ends
race face ride xc crank
triple trap pedals (bought back in 1995 i think and been on every bike i've owned since!!)

currently on conti double fighter 2 rubber but will be back on fire xc's once my road based mtb project is finished.

it aint perfect, but its mine!!!

Work in progress on the tinky tiny Clockwork

Bought this about 6 weeks ago for my better half, it came with pretty low spec groupset but was as the vendor described.
Since then I have stripped it down and junked what wasn't working and replaced the B/B, Chain and Headset and replaced the brakes, shifters, rear mech, canti's off and V brakes on and wheels with what I had to hand. A new set of Cables from "Sithlord" and the little bike is up and running.
There is still a list of stuff to do (Tyres / New front mech to source / Aheadset adaptor and new bars) but at least its back and being ridden I even pinch it on the odd occasion for a blast round some local trails and have to admit it really rides very well indeed. :LOL:

Attachments

• clockwork.jpg
    clockwork.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 3,414
Looks better and better every time I see it Cornholio, lush :cool:

Thought I'd add another to this thread. My (almost) ridable Orange content. Clockwork should be finished in a week or two. :D

My dearest

I started mountain biking in 1990, my first was a Kona Lava Dome from Stif in Headingley - this got me addicted. Bought my Aluminium Elite in 1994 (I think). I still own her in all her original beauty - OK so the bearings, pads, cables, tyres and tubes have been replaced but the rest is all original - Suntour XC Pro MD throughout :D

I used to use the Kona for training and the Elite for race only - but after years in my garage the Elite is now a play machine and the Kona is a project. I'm just a little worried that I may have to replace parts on the Elite soon and that lovely MD stuff isn't about anymore :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_3755 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3755 (Large).JPG
    163 KB · Views: 3,121
  • IMG_3756 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3756 (Large).JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 3,122
Back