Date with Mt Tam...

Sounds like quite a trip in the offing there Neil, bet there'll be some cracking photos.

To quote a famous film "You lucky, lucky bastard!"

tam_shadow":2zvbs3cz said:
rumpfy":2zvbs3cz said:
Yep, we're here chillin'.

We can get you over to Santa Cruz if you want some South of Marin heaven too.

Though...if CK is extending the offer. Take it. :)

Hell, I'll tag along for that! :D

Me too ... and I bet we could get Mister Bonds interested as well.

I'm sure. :)

getting close mate - you touch bases with CK? I live at the base of the Railroad Grade myself so I can show you the slow way up :D

Rideout

Hi - CK looks like being engaged with a lethal concotion of rock and Interbike :cool: so he's fixed me up with a pal for a ride I'm planning for Tuesday 18th - would you be able to make it too??

Any tips where I can hire a decent bike?

Neil

Inter-Rock-A-Bike...isn't that what did in John Belushi?

Right now that date looks good for me - had already planned a sanity week (no travel just stay home from work while kid is in school - great plan for riding!) so I can say it's 90% I can do something on that day. Who is the pal and where is the ride?

I know a good shop in my neck o woods (Bryce at Mt Tam Bikes might have something decent "off the menu" www.mt.tambikes.com - he just moved the shop to Tam Valley but phone # is the same) but can also check with Sunshine Bikes in Fairfax ( www.sunshinebicycle.com ) - Hardtail I presume, what size and budget? Heck we should do a shuttle ride one day that week I'm sure I could get you a pre war steed for a few hours.

Feel free to email me ericb@lilien.com

Re: Rideout

mrkawasaki":6q243u6q said:
Hi - CK looks like being engaged with a lethal concotion of rock and Interbike :cool: so he's fixed me up with a pal for a ride I'm planning for Tuesday 18th - would you be able to make it too??

How big are you? I won't be using mine. (Stumpjumper Expert FS)

Re: Rideout

Repack Rider":2q9yxrdl said:
mrkawasaki":2q9yxrdl said:

How big are you? I won't be using mine. (Stumpjumper Expert FS)

That's an offer and a half! CK if you leave your bike with Alan we can all meet up for that ride easy enough - assuming he doesn't have plans that day.

Date: Sep 01, 2007
Time: 10AM Pacific
Temp: 76F and rising
Elevation: 1400FT

Neil - wish you were here ;-)

38_10.jpg

PS I will also check with Bryce to see if he has a big bike, my pal Mark is your size and he has two klunkers if that shuttle bomb idea strikes your fancy.

Mr. K,

Time's getting short before your visit. If you have any idea where you'll be staying, let me know soonest.

I can leave my bike with Alan Bonds, who lives a few blocks from me. Eric (Rumfy on this forum) should be able to hook up with you and show you where Alan lives.

I'll alert my friend Megan also, and from that crowd you should be able to find a ride and a guide. Gary Fisher spends a lot of time out of town, but if he's around maybe he can join in.

Tell them to take you to Repack for the downhill and Tamarancho for the single-track. (Tamarancho is a membership riding area, but my bike has the member pass on it.)

Back