Newbie Keewee cromo 8 downhill build UPDATE NOW PAINTED!

ramstein-dh

Retro Guru
Hello everyone

im new to Donwhill , but not new to bikes as im 30 now and been working on bikes since i was 17 always had ridiculous triple clamps on 16" hardtails.
Now it's time for downhill.
It is not the lightest bike in the world ,but im not the lightest person being a robust 18.5 stone LOL.
I have stripped the frame and is getting powder coated gloss white with a black seat tower and im putting decals made out of 3m carbon niloc on it home made.
Here are some pics of the parts i have too choose from at the momment.
any left overs i will sell.
More pics to follow when painted.

Stripped frame
keewee1.jpg

Rare razor rock 20mm hub double the size of the hope waiting for new bearings which arrived today
razorrockhub.jpg

2004 marzocchi monster t with red springs and direct mount stem and 2005 boxxer race with yellow springs with sic camo direct mount stem (not in the picture) and hope bulb gold hub
forks.jpg

saint cranks , dmr v12 with green kit ,vanilla rc , hope m4 ,223mm rotor
bits.jpg

white truvativ bars , green goodridge hoses hope levers with gold bits
bars.jpg

hope buld with ti free hub
bulb-1.jpg

Hope you like up to know

Jason

Thats gonna be a cracker mate,

The monster T's are huge huh!! :shock:

The frame looks good too, what year is that from?

Some nice "different" bits you have there ;)

G

Enid_Puceflange":kea96adb said:
Thats gonna be a cracker mate,

The monster T's are huge huh!! :shock:

The frame looks good too, what year is that from?

Some nice "different" bits you have there ;)

G

Yeah those monsters shadow over everything , the frame is 2004 buddy.
not amazingly retro but still old.
Cromo steel so will last forever , as im 18 stone i went for heavier and stronger components.
Should be picking the frame up tomorow :D

will put pics up then

Jason

Nice choice....
Here's a couple pics of my old one.
Really heavy bike but built like a brick shit house!
Really long bike but ultra stable, especially in the air.

Isn't it a D8 rather then a cromo 8?

Attachments

• Keewee (2).JPG
    Keewee (2).JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 4,625
  • Keewee (3).JPG
    Keewee (3).JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 4,625
Ha just reread what you are doing with it, same colour as mine. Also mine had carbon stickers...
Go the Monsters... I seen this bike with Fox 40's and they look mit with the fatter legs.

Them Monsters are shooge indeed- Boxxers are fairly chunkoid anyway, they look tiny in comparison!!
Look forward to seeing yer complete build.

Thanks alot everyone , it was originaly red .
here it is after i bought it with the brake therapy floating arm kit.
not hub kit with it though so struggling to fit it.

p4pb5103066.jpg

this is the MK2 keewee with the K in the head gusset as apossed to the circle in it.
Just got some continental diesel tyres , and am considering getting the linkages anodised green , but minimum order is £75.00 at the anodisers in manchester ,so need to find more bits to throw in.

Thanks again everyone

Jason

Nice project :cool: , never heard of the bike before but looks like a proper weapon :)

Monster T's are great, had a set for a previous project that never got past the frame stage, sold them when i sold the frame, wishing i'd kept them for my current DH8 project, i'd prefer them over the Shivers i have.

a couple of friends of mine from NZ ride/have/had keewee bikes

one of them, a guy called jason marsh had an early prototype, it was painted baby blue and like yours was steel, super long wheelbase on it though, didn't have the seat tower assembly though. he then sold it to andy durno the bass player from the band "head like a hole" i sent it to NZ for him via england after picking it up in morzine.

they all like them and not just because the have keewee written on them!! :D :cool:

Latest posts

Back