2010 Singular Swift 29er (updated November 2010)

29ers suits my height. They make perfect sense..

The evil marketing-mastermind has tricked me I guess.

;)

Quick someone tell Geoff Apps he never actually built a 700c wheeled off road bike back in the early 80's, he has clearly been fooled by the marketing men from 2010. :shock:

http://www.james-walters.net/cleland/th ... -29er.html

Oh and the colour blue whether "baby" or any of its other derivatives wasnt discovered until late 1997. ;)

And I might as well bite while I am at it, please not the "its not retro" chestnut again, for me and the OED and Collins "retro" is - the practice of modeling things such as clothes or music (car, bikes or whatever) on styles from the past, or an example of such a practice, where as bikes actually from that era are classic's or vintage.

If we were looking at a carbon or ali hydroformed full susser I think the retro argument could possibly stand but surely not to a steel framed fully rigid :roll:

The offers there to try mine Marin Man. How are you finding the forks then ferrit? interested as i like the original ones on mine and found them brilliant, even racing at Mayhem on them. But as you said earlier, they do add a bit of weight!

Mark I dont actually think the weight difference is that noticable when riding, only picking it up, which isnt really the point.

The orignal forks have slowed the steering a little over the carbons but not significantly and do feel just right.

The only issue I have is the aesthetics, the steelies look great from the side but the distance from the top of the tyre to the crown of the fork looks huge. Other than that the steelies have it for me and will probably stay on

Glad to hear that, personally i prefer the look of the steelies to carbon jobbies so win - win for me. Have to say it looks alot nicer in current guise as well.

fingers":9q5u3f6v said:
I didnt realize kubota made full size tractors... Whats the output on that?

The Kubota is from their North West distribution hub which is located at the place I work, its 128ps 6.2 ltr with 540/100PTO. So in real terms its a tiddler compaired to a Fendt 936 Vario at 360ps 7.1ltr

Nice to see some nice Swifts on here. They're not old, but they're pretty retro.
I'll be riding a Swift at the Big Dog this year :D

Any other singular riders taking part, or coming along to the Big Dog?

Back