1950 Claud Butler Fixie

Really nice, except for the silly brake levers. Well done.

BTW who cares what the saddle looks like? Mine either have my bum planted on them or they're locked away in the shed. Anyhoo, Brooks saddles may look nice but compared with even a relatively cheap good quality modern saddle they are not particularly practical. I'd rather my cheeks were happy on a £20 Spoon than spend three times as much on a Brooks. I know this is a somewhat contentious POV for this forum, but for me at least comfort is a lot more important than style. Oh and don't tell me that after miles and miles of breaking in they are very comfortable, a Spoon is comfortable right out of the box so what's the point of going through pain to get a comfortable saddle when I could have a comfortable saddle without the pain.

Bah humbug!

Nice, but as a retro bike, not a 'fixie' but a fixed wheel bike. The term hadn't been invented then, like 'flip-flop'. Twin fixed hub, please! ;)

Wow, bloody subjective, this bike lark isn't it!! First the saddle's wrong, then the saddle's ok but the levers are silly... (which actually work well by the way!) I guess at the end of the day all our bikes are different and that's exactly what makes them interesting at the very least...

Cheers Guys,
M.

All part of the fun here. Style's a personal thing.
Some here like the "ano puked all over it" look, though it doesn't float my boat.

Personally I think your levers give it a lean track look to a casual glance, as they aren't immediately noticeable, which is fun.

I reckon it looks really smart, I'm loving the black and tan colour scheme... tempted to go dark blue/tan with my current project.

I really like it.

I'd agree a Brooks saddle would finish it beautifully, but its fine as it is.

The brake levers wouldn't be my choice because I'm so used to riding on the brake hoods, I can't even get used to riding my MTB on straight bars, I use the bar ends all the time. Thats just personal preference though :cool:

Will :)

p.s. If you like the saddle, roll with it...although slightly fugly people won't notice it whilst you are riding and it matches the bar tape well.

Back