July 24 Saturday - 'The Great Kestonian Ride' - Keston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I've been away folks, lots of stuff happening, some good, some bad though I'm now single so don't have a woman moaning at me for riding my bike at the weekend so something good's come of it all.

I thought the ride was set for Sunday, Woodsman who has kindly offered to lead can't make Saturday and I'm off to see The Prodigy on Saturday so it'll have to be Sunday if that works. If everyone wants to do Saturday then perhaps the Arundel loop is best though those of you who went on the last ride Woodsman led will be aware that he knows of some great trails.

Timing wise I was going to suggest 2 meets, one LEAVING Horsham train station at 10:30 and for the drivers meeting at the car park at Owlbeech Woods, Horsham at 10:30 ready to set off at 11am.

How does that suit? We'll confirm details in a day or two. Unfortunately there aren't any food/watering stops so pack plenty (unless you're Wutangled, in which case pack even more than usual then find some idiot victim who dosn't know any better to carry it for you).

Pip pip all!

Unfortunately I can only do Saturday ... are people still keen?

If people are keen and coming from closer to London, I'm happy to lead a ride around North Kent

Woody

Kestonian":22rcw1x4 said:
Unfortunately I can only do Saturday ... are people still keen?

If people are keen and coming from closer to London, I'm happy to lead a ride around North Kent

Woody

I'm on for Saturday. Any where as long as off road

Hi guys.

I can do either Sat or Sun, and as much as Sun with Woodsman makes sense as he knows that area, it should be Sat as Kestonian's ride really ought to have Kestonian in it :LOL:

I'm happy to lead an Arundel based loop on the Saturday if anyone fancies that. ? 10mins further south than Horsham station on the same line. (two extra stops from London).

But we best decide sharpish so as to keep it organised.

??

:D

How about Kestonian's Keston loop on the Saturday and the Horsham / Arundel loop on the Sunday?

For Keston, it's easy access from Bromley South station (5-10 minute ride) or less from Hayes (Kent) station. It's a couple of hour loop with plenty of pub opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back