Status
Not open for further replies.
FluffyChicken":pnvtjr6a said:
giant-one":pnvtjr6a said:
FluffyChicken":pnvtjr6a said:
giant-one":pnvtjr6a said:
I believe that was me Si ;)

I will try and sort something out but not holding out much hope. :roll:

I love retro bikes but just can't find any I feel comfy on.

You only need to be comfy-ish for 20miles ;)

What size frame you ride ?

The Alpine is a 21" but feels too small.
I have a 97 Giant Terrago Frame which is 21.5" different geometry but feels a lot bigger.

And the Ragley Blue Pig is a 20" but has a 24" + top tube and is perfect. :roll:

I'm 6'5" and 18 st ish but I just find the retro bikes are far to low at the front and thats where I dont't feel comfy.

You tried the large Kona frames ?
http://www.konaretro.com/articles/catal ... Page29.jpg
, they have long head tube and top tube in the larger sizes, so rise the front up quite a lot. There is a marked difference between my 20" 1991 Rocky and 1997 20" Kona at the front of the bike and not just the marginally longer A2C.

I think Mr K has mainlined most large retro frames though.

Saying that I'm 5'10" and ride the 20" but that's more for my legs and don't mind the reach.

Will defo look into them.
I'm all legs and arms.

Will have to discuss this over a few cold beers. ;)

Back on topic then :roll:

Less than three weeks to go ladies and gents, let's have your names down ;)

Bump to keep it in the spotlight :D

and anyone in the Hull-ish area that needs a lift we may (or may not) be able to sort a lift to get there.

Anyone else able to give lifts to others if needed ?

I'll be coming up from Kent during the day on the Friday mainly via A1 and expect to have one space on the Pendle.

gonna stick my neck on the line and hopefully ill make this.if work gets sorted im 100%,on my neo retro tho,the trek will probobly be stripped :(

Chris I'm off up on the Saturday why dont you drive round to mine and then I'll take you up there. Still need to sort a tent so will trade fuel costs for somewhere to sleep :LOL:

I have a rather large tent as Dr S will tell you (I think I had 4 or 5 of his bikes in it last year!)

Also have a smaller 2-3 man dome tent spare if anyone wants to borrow it. It will sleep 2 easily with a small porch for the associated camping gubbins.

I will be at BDWII provided my Dad's health picks up.

Loan of 2-3 man tent is not dependant on my going to the event, if anyone needs it they can borrow it, prefer to lend to local riders so I can pick it up & drop it off.

Big dirty weekender

Hey guy's
just joined recently and saw this was coming up please can you count me in? I'm yorkshire based so will travel up on the Friday and stay saturday. please can you let me know who I need to speak to ref. camping? is it you guy's or do I need to go direct to the camp site. I'll be bringing my trusty '95 Kona fire mountain, cannot wait!

Regards,

mark

Re: Big dirty weekender

Wolfiepies":1i40iews said:
Hey guy's
just joined recently and saw this was coming up please can you count me in? I'm yorkshire based so will travel up on the Friday and stay saturday. please can you let me know who I need to speak to ref. camping? is it you guy's or do I need to go direct to the camp site. I'll be bringing my trusty '95 Kona fire mountain, cannot wait!

Regards,

mark

Hi and welcome.
Campsite is pre booked and all sorted. All you have to do is turn up on the day. We will be coming round on Fri evening and Saturday morning to collect the camping fees.

See you there ;)

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back