NATIONAL STATUS EVENT - Forest of Dean Aftermath

Top day out, great to see a few old and new faces.

Thanks as always to Del and Ed for guiding and organising respectively. For those who have never ridden the FoD it's well worth checking out with someone who knows the routes. IMHO some of the best natural singletrack and trails I've ridden - great stuff.

For those who want to see where we went the route from the day (from my GPS) can be seen here > http://connect.garmin.com/activity/40986712 . I'm not sure if you'd be able to retrace our steps though ;)

Just to reiterate the above, many thanks to Del for seeing us round such a great route in one piece.

A couple of photos, the second of, in my view, the bike of the day (or any other day for that matter).

Edit: bugger, the askew photos seem to represent my twisted world view.

Attachments

• Proud father.jpg
    Proud father.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3,377
  • Three big dogs chew the fat.jpg
    Three big dogs chew the fat.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3,377
Quality day out yesterday - really really enjoyed by first ride out with you guys.

Will certainly dig the '94 Clockwork out for next time and leave the Psyclone at home for a rest!

Cheers

just got back, did afan today aswel so will sort some pics etc and then do a proper write up in a mo :D

Chris, you rode the fisher!!

Good man, that is a lovely minter :)

Nice Rocky Ed...what do you think of it?
Confirms to me that the one I have hanging up is too big for me :?

Hi Chaps, sory its taken so long to put up a post. Seems only 2 posts in 2 years kinda upsets the log in process.
Anyway after many failed attempts, here I am... :D

Glad you enjoyed your day in the FOD. It was a pleasure to show you all around. There is plenty more to go at, so happy to guide another one at some point and go off to another part of the forest. Even the ride we did yesterday is totally different as the seasons change.

Apologies for not being able to tell the difference between 30 and 60 mins for the final loop. You see time ticks bye ever so slowly when all you ever hear is the Duelling Banjos music. Anyway hopefully the Gov'nor and the rest of you have managed to save your marriages in spite of getting back slightly later than planned.

Oh and Ed...its a Supercalibre......Makes a big difference you know.. :LOL:

gump":1e1n3zjw said:
Nice Rocky Ed...what do you think of it?

Pretty tidy despite my best efforts to lash up the build although glad that it hung together given the night before assembly with only the briefest of shakedowns. Encouragingly, the extended steerer held out well although, out of respect for the framebuilder, I kept the wheels on the ground.

what an awsome ride! :D although i think my wrists are totally knackered by excess tree route battering!! :shock: having seen quite a few hills on the approach to the meet i was expecting some real leg bettering climbs but they were of a style that diidn't seem as hard as i was expecting . . . maybe i am getting fitter!!! :D the "descent of uncertain death" was cool :cool: will defo be back there agin but maybe with something with a mag20 fork on it!! :D

the pub stop was great if a little slow to get the food order in and then recieve it but it was worth it for the cute waitress!! :D

i decided not to do the last part of the ride as i was hitting afan forest the next day (monday), don't you just love shift work!! ;) :D

pics to follow

here's the pics in no particular order! :D

Attachments

• chris rides new old stock!.jpg
    chris rides new old stock!.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,775
  • the descent of uncertain death! ed walks!.jpg
    the descent of uncertain death! ed walks!.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,775
  • gravymonster rides the death descent.jpg
    gravymonster rides the death descent.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,775