Is my 2010 On-One Pompetamine Gay?

Colorwise i don't think babyblue is gay. It's like the name says for babies. ;)
If you would throw on some grandpa colors like a brown saddle or brown grips or some similar add ons i think it would look a little bit more grown up. :D
If that bike was really gay what would the lesbian counterpart look like? :roll:

OK, the colour isn't gay, a bit girly albeit, but not actually gay.
Single speed are lame, but not actually gay. Not by a long shot.
But, what was the name of this thing?
Pompetamine?
Really?
That is dead-set flaming.
Gayest name for a bike, EVER.

Off to the Mardi Gras for you......

hehe, its a naff name. You got me there.

Ive contacted On-One to ask if they can build me a spangly sparkle version and call it the 'Dildominator'

Nice one, I like the blue.

Have you finished the wheelbuild yet and how does it ride?

I was thinking flatbar 700c with Alfine, discs and fenders as a commuter. Upon browsing the web for feedback on the ride of the On-one I find this thread. FWIW The alternative choices are e.g. a Cotic Roadrat or a Surly Karate Monkey.

Enjoy!!

Yes it does look gay, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are too. Although it perhaps looks as though you don't the possibility of it entering people's minds. And as my daughter would say 'Why would you do that?' :?

The riser bar with rigid fork is the worst thing. With the correct wheels and flat bars, I think it would look quite a lot less gay.

Anthony":2wgpuyxn said:
Yes it does look gay, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are too. Although it perhaps looks as though you don't the possibility of it entering people's minds. And as my daughter would say 'Why would you do that?' :?

The riser bar with rigid fork is the worst thing. With the correct wheels and flat bars, I think it would look quite a lot less gay.

The thread was started on a comment from a friend whom said the bike looked gay, and I was looking for confirmation of this as I was initially surprised.
Im comfy with my sexuality, whether my bike is simply fabulous or not.

A few more bits have arrived, heres my drop bar/stem set up. Quite a high rise so not stunning looking, but this bike is all about comfort for me.
I think ive got cold feet on the HS-77/Julie brake set up, dont think I can justify using the NOS levers...so am opting for Avid BB7 discs with 'v' drop levers...
Front wheel is in transit, struggling to get hold of the rear rim in 36h.
Note the nifty JTek Alfine shifter.

P1000848.jpg

Back