Re: Rocky Mountain Giro

Tidy, that's the second RM Giro to pop up on here. Interesting to know more about there builder, know he was British for starters.

roc6839":1fp4aa5z said:
Hi Forum members. I was going post this as a can name this bike. But I don't have the time to do a follow up.

Not sure as I follow this?

that's a nice looking RM road bike! :cool:

still kind of wished i had managed to snag the Team Giro in red/white a while back. they look very similar in geometry/design. guessing they're both probably close in year?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94508

rocky010_159.jpg

The team looks 80's and the one in this post looks early 90's
Mainly from the stickers on it anyway.

Would be interesting to know more.

FluffyChicken":15egfbzm said:
The team looks 80's and the one in this post looks early 90's
Mainly from the stickers on it anyway.

Would be interesting to know more.

Ah yes, you are right. The RM logo crest on the Team are definitely 80's and Giro is 90's! Good eye ;)

Re:

Yeah the Giro thats a 87,have 3 of them thier pretty common here in Vancouver where they were built the Turbo was the top road model had cinelli lugs .I even have a Track Turbo (no holes,no brakes) its in giro pink and also was built by Derek Bailey he is MTB halll of fame builder ,English chap,theres a red and white Giro frame fork on the local craiglist for 250 canadian its pretty sweet...I just picked up A92 Blizzard for 300 and shes cherry all Syncros, very sweet... Rockys are a dime a dozen the old Brodie and Konas are local built too and soooo sweet pre 96!!!Gonna jump on my 91 exsplosif and ride the beach trails paid 100 for her and shes even got original tires I mean barely a scratch ,full XT ,prestige tubing...Cheers.

Re: Rocky Mountain Giro

There was a DB built Rocky Mountain race bike on the local Craigslist recently - my size too. Very tempting, but if I get another road bike it needs to be L'Eroica legal. I have a friend with what I believe to be an 80's vintage RM road bike as well. They definitely were a smaller part of their business BITD, but from my browsing of old catalogues they seemed to be making them in the early years.

Back