The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eporter123":2zzstd8b said:
So I've got my trusty 1998 Kona Kula. I still have to swap a couple parts over to get it back to it's spec when I got it.

I've had this bike for 5 years, and haven't used it quite enough. Got it in part trade for a bunch of work I did for a friend's uncle. The bike had been sitting in the garage for years, due to a back injury. He tricked it out quite a bit from stock back in the late 90's.

Thinking of selling it or even putting it on Ebay. Not sure if it's worth enough to justify the trouble, and the loss of a classic, and my only hardtail.

Kona Kula frame.
Chris King no-logo threaded headset
Marzocchi Bomber Z3 light fork
Mavic crossland SUP rims & hubs
Grip shift ESP 9.0 8-spd shifters & rear der. LX front.
Soon to have the old green Michelin tires back on
Cook Bros. cranks with Real chainrings & SRP crank bolts
Avid SD 2.0 brake levers & Arch Rival brakes
Easton EA 50 handlebar, EA 60 stem, EA 70 seatpost
Qstix skewers

Thanks for any thoughts & input.

THe CK no logo, Bomber Z3, Cook Bros crankset, and Michelin wildgrippers will be worth a lot more sold separately at auction than probably the entire bike. Replace those parts with cheaper parts, Sell those parts in their own auction, then sell the bike whole- best bet.

Ok, I'll try again in the correct forum thread. :oops:

Possibly interested in selling my 2001 Trek Fuel 100 to fund a full sus with a little more travel and 'chuckability'. I'd really prefer not to sell the Trek, but I just don't have the budget for a third bike.

Paint is a little worn by stone chips and cable rub (very thin lacquer/paint) but the bike is mechanically sound.

Does anybody know what price I could possibly ask for?

nick_trekfuel100_002.jpg

More pictures by following the link in my signature below.

Offroad ProFlex 550 value?

I have an ageing Offroad Proflex 550 one of the original first suspension bikes dating back to around 1990. It is 21” frame with rear swinging arm “Integral Damping System” the handlebar Girvin “Flexsystem”. Some of the guys I ride with tell me it is a sought after original bike. I am looking at advertising but need some advice on value to put a price tag on it. Any advice welcome!

Attachments

• Offroad Reflex Bike1.jpg
    Offroad Reflex Bike1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 2,423
Re: Offroad ProFlex 550 value?

Nellie Boy":n35kl5zn said:
I have an ageing Offroad Proflex 550 one of the original first suspension bikes dating back to around 1990. It is 21” frame with rear swinging arm “Integral Damping System” the handlebar Girvin “Flexsystem”. Some of the guys I ride with tell me it is a sought after original bike. I am looking at advertising but need some advice on value to put a price tag on it. Any advice welcome!

Stateside, these don't go for very much. I've seen a couple go for, (with all original parts), $150 usd

1996 GT RTS-2
Mag21's
LX canti's, shifters, hubs and front mech
XT cranks and rear mech
Mavic 221 rims
WTB Velociraptor tyres
Flite
GT Flip-Flop stem
American Classic seatpost

Not definately selling........just considering at present.

dscn2221_113.jpg

1991 Klein Attitude 16in frame (no fork, or MC1 bar/stem). frame is bright green. top of the seattube which normally cracked has been removed with a press fit seatcolar used instead. rear internal brake guides have been drilled out to allow magura hydro stops ( allow I might have some guide stops that could allow standard cables to be used again)

rough ball park figure around £500?

Pickle":120cv1fc said:
1996 GT RTS-2
Mag21's
LX canti's, shifters, hubs and front mech
XT cranks and rear mech
Mavic 221 rims
WTB Velociraptor tyres
Flite
GT Flip-Flop stem
American Classic seatpost

Not definately selling........just considering at present.

dscn2221_113.jpg

I have a friend that might be very interested in that bike, so I'll refrain from putting a price on it, since it might not be all that objective. If you decide on a price, or trade for other parts/frames you might need, please let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back