Retro Computer collection

GT-Steve":m6fnn0dy said:
Cool collection, :cool: :cool:

I'm desperate for a white Avocet..... ;)

LOL, the white is the only 40 unit I have. Let me finish up my project and see if I use the white or the green/blue on it.

vectra

'88 or '89 ish.
IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

Still going strong.

Dave

Those Avocets were fantastic, I've never seen another computer that I'd rather use - IME they were decently waterproofed, nice clear display, had just the functions you needed without a pile of other garbage getting in the way, and were simple to use even with tired/cold/gloved fingers.

Used a few Sigmas since which were OK too, but not nearly so robust... hated the cateye models I've used.

My Cateye Vectra just powered up when I put a battery in, my son's been using it for the past years as a camera, a computer, a whatever imaginary toy he wanted it for. It was full of blue tack but I found the back in a box of bits and it works.

Also Cateye Mity 2 user and that still going strong.

I did have another one before these two, did cadence, was grey I think and I loved it. Killed it off BiTD and couldn't afford one* again so Mity 2 it was for me. Look better than the Avocets as well.

* don't know the name if one ever gets posted i'll know it though :D

Went through some boxes yesterday (sorry bad photo)..

Haven't tried them yet but at least the Avocet looks like new. I have actually never seen an Avocet like this, from 80's I guess?

Computers

I had one of those Cateye Vectra's until I smashed it in a crash?? I currently have a Silver Cateye Enduro/ a purple Mity 3 and a black Mity2, all still currently in service on each of my mountain bikes. :cool:

Just opened up the top flap of a tool box and found these little babies sat there, I'm not sure if they work.

nick_retro_comp_01.jpg

Back