Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Always thought they were cool, until I bought a set of hubs...

Never got more than a couple of rides out of them before they broke. Looked great, weighed nothing, but definitely NOT COOL.

jonboy":2edtnvka said:
Always thought they were cool, until I bought a set of hubs...

Never got more than a couple of rides out of them before they broke. Looked great, weighed nothing, but definitely NOT COOL.

wow...guess I've been lucky (which is really unusual being I mostly have bad luck). I've ridden ones I've owned over a couple dozen rides, which a bunch of miles, and I'm not the lightest rider...still working.

In fact I'm putting a set up for sale shortly :oops: :p ;)

Voted uncool as I can't think of any NP gear I've ever really wanted. They've made some lovely gear for sure but there's always another brand doing the same stuff that I'd buy instead (if that makes any sense :? )

Oh, and my pal just got a new NP seat post that was sold as being as good quality as a Thompson......... It's not, and has marked badly already. Not cool. :x

The reason why they're not cool is the same for any bling part, they're essentially something visual, designed to draw attention on the basis that they're expensive, distinctive, or purely trading on a "name".

No different to modern day wearing of Burberry, sovereign rings, and really heavy gold jewelry.

And argue however you like, but however you cut it, that certainly ain't cool. It may be a lot of things, including desirable for some, but most certainly not universally cool, never has been, never will be.

I think that cool is the obvious answer as the frames are so cool it is painful :oops: :cool: and a few of their things were cool to look at and to own but unreliable in the extreme :oops: like a lot of retro kit,so cooooool :cool:

Here is my Nuke Proof Titanium, still in use as my main bike. The carbon fibre hubs that came with it are on my road bike where they suffer less abuse and have lasted for years :D

And yes - of course Nuke Proofs are cool!!

Attachments

• P7160015_2_2.jpg
    P7160015_2_2.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 948
Never a brand I aspired to - like Cooks, Syncros and Ringle so that probably says more about me than the brand.

But I remember thinking it looked OK when I was looking at upgrades that invariably ended up being Hope or USE, SO cool.

Back