Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

I used to have an '88 Explorer for commuting in 1991/2, was all original until the 6 speed Suntour freewheel decided to shed teeth (18 tooth sprocket had 9 when I took it off :shock: ).
Recently sold a Green Courier Comp frame. Was thinking of building a SS out of it, but haven't got the room :( .

I'm thinking of a new thread topic called 'ask the tip' as today arrived a very faded 1989 Muddy Fox 'Mixte' with Tange Cromo tubing/ forks and Suntour X-press shifters

Attachments

• Muddy Fox Mixte.jpg
    Muddy Fox Mixte.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 7,684
Here is my 1988 Explorer, It gets ridden regularly and get muddy now and again ! Enjoy :cool:

019.jpg

muddy fox courier comp

bryan555":qv2fjk4i said:
My Dad still rides his Courier Comp, new tyres & saddle since the last time I posted pics. He loves it. I raced it at Afan in the Welsh National Series once BITD when my Lava Dome broke. Came 7th think. Great bike. I think it needs a shorter stem, the original matching one would be good...

hi bud me and my mates lovin your courier comp he had one back in the day if it ever goes up for sale give us a shout champ

Here's my little fox, refurbished and with modern wheels and brakes- it's my pride and joy. I'm looking out for some better bars, a vetta or muddy fox saddle and some muddy fox grips- in good order or NOS.
Hope you like it.

Attachments

• 091.JPG
    091.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 6,848
  • 094.JPG
    094.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 6,848
  • 090.JPG
    090.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 6,850
  • 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 6,850
Hey there,

Having just found this thread thought I would add a couple of pics of my Pathfinder. Around 90/91 vintage I think.

p1010409s.jpg

This bike got me into mountain biking and more recently retro mountain biking so it has a lot to answer for!!!

I think mine is similar to AgentOrange's except it's black and came with different brakes. As pedalled at MM this year - not a great ride it has to be said!

Mr K

Attachments

• S&G Muddy Fox MM 2010 Kenda Climb.jpg
    S&G Muddy Fox MM 2010 Kenda Climb.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7,095
There is a tempting '85 seeker on the local version of flea bay here. Tempted to buy it but I kind of know I would probably singlespeed it which would be a shame... or would it.

I love those high suntour thumbies they came with mind.

I was looking for a Muddy Fox when I was living in England but never found one close enough to me :(

Spibblo":272pir47 said:
Here's my little fox, refurbished and with modern wheels and brakes- it's my pride and joy. I'm looking out for some better bars, a vetta or muddy fox saddle and some muddy fox grips- in good order or NOS.
Hope you like it.

Looks fantastic Spibblo. It's good to see other models of the MF from that era with the old yellow "old fashioned" decals... The Courier was the most famous of all, but I remember drooling over a brochure BITD and there were other models to see (one of them being your Explorer). Anyone remember any of the other models available around 86/87?

There was the Trailblazer - MTB with dropped bars, or a cross bike with 26" wheels depending on your point of view. And my friend had (has) an "Aluminium" - he ordered an Explorer, it was damaged in transit and they gave him the Aluminium instead.

Back