Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

Coolwall July 2010 - Nuke Proof

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted uncool .

the only products I knew bitd were the hubs and they were rubbish .

The modern Nuke Proof is a house brand of Hotlines (Chain Reaction) and produce some nice (if a little generic) components about on a par with modern Syncros. I have their Warhead 760 flat bars and matching seatpost (seatpost has a one piece machined shaft/head a bit like Thomson)

Nexy on the cool wall should be Syncros! (Old versus new)

A very old threaded type. Looking for a matching front if anyone has one.

3984516048_6d8170b150_b.jpg

3984519852_54a51f06ac_b.jpg

Deveron53":3ouv97d5 said:
The modern Nuke Proof is a house brand of Hotlines (Chain Reaction) and produce some nice (if a little generic) components about on a par with modern Syncros. I have their Warhead 760 flat bars and matching seatpost (seatpost has a one piece machined shaft/head a bit like Thomson)

Nexy on the cool wall should be Syncros! (Old versus new)

Syncros is cool. And with Syncros I mean old Syncros. No clue of new Syncros as I lost interest somewhere mid 90s.

tintin40":gu5pzz2k said:
Defiant":gu5pzz2k said:
@ Tintin,..since when is durability the factor if something is cool or not :LOL:

When i'm paying durability is very important :LOL:

Cheap and durable hmmm.
It looks like a frightening vision of world where shimano is the COOLEST brand.

Cool, despite the durability. I love the hubs, but I´ll never buy one of that. I want it to ride not to admire in a vitrine.

pete_mcc":21hwvx1i said:
Initially they were cool, seen on the best bikes, in the right mags, in the top shops. In my eyes though their products weren't innovative or novel and just broke too quickly in comparison to others. Hubs were just bullseye copies, frames were standard generic ti fare of the time, bars were just reworked canoe paddle shafts. I had almost every set of ends returned to the shop, most every other hub set cracked on the flanges and most bars just frayed to pieces or failed. As soon as that happened the only people who rode the stuff were the 'all the gear, no idea' guys and so their cool deminished.

After that they sold out, pumping out generic stems and guff, cool level falling...Finally they totally sold out with rights to the name going to some far east parts house, no cool left at all.

In my view the cool brands are the ones that burn bright and die quickly not like Nuke Proof that's still trying to hang on with dull products-it's a bit like the Cliff Richards of the bike world.

Your statement can be applied to pretty much every chi chi MTB brand from the golden age of mountain biking (arguably 85-95). Don't know how that figures into it being cool at one point or another.

Cool is many times trendy; trends don't last. When items that are cool and trendy attempt to become a more stable and lucrative item, it many times loses its cool, selling out or just falling out.

This is not the What Works Wall. Nuke Proof in the context of Retro, (not their modern incarnation), is cool.

I could bring up some arguments, but I should not get lost in arguments too much. Cool is no science.

Anyway, they rank somewhere above Roox or Kore. If it helps.

Elev12k":3r20k19y said:
I could bring up some arguments, but I should not get lost in arguments too much. Cool is no science.

Anyway, they rank somewhere above Roox or Kore. If it helps.

There is nothing wrong with arguments. If you have them, let's see them.
I don't take it personal as I have no stake in the company that was or is Nuke Proof.

Back