Withdrawn

Could I get some close-ups of the Brooks plase? Also possibly interested in the dynamo.

Cheers, Gareth.

Oh yes, I missed that at the end of the post :oops: :roll:

Are the spring and rails black, or chrome? How extensive is the rust?

Also, do you happen to have the clamp to attach it atop and old domed seatpost?

Cheers,
Gareth.

(ps sorry to hear about the theft ...)

The spring is chrome and the rails are black. The spring has a bit of rust on it, but not loads. You can buy replacement springs from Brooks if it bothers you. And it does come with the necessary clip for a normal seatpost, but you'll need a special one to use it with a microadjust.

Bargain!

I saw that Lenton a while back when you had it for sale (I think its the same one!). Just a couple of questions:-
Would that take a normal 1" headset or is it different for Raleigh's of that era?
And is the BB a normal british one?

£55 for saddle and dynamo??

chris667":1684l5j4 said:
The spring is chrome and the rails are black. The spring has a bit of rust on it, but not loads. You can buy replacement springs from Brooks if it bothers you. And it does come with the necessary clip for a normal seatpost, but you'll need a special one to use it with a microadjust.

Bargain!

garethrl":28yi77yx said:
£55 for saddle and dynamo??

I am actually haemorrhaging money to offer them at this price.

The saddle has years left and looking online I see it's £75 with a clamp for a new one. And the dynamo would go for much, much more on Ebay than the asking price here. You'd make a tenner, easily.

So no I can't.

wired99":25vvhefi said:
I saw that Lenton a while back when you had it for sale (I think its the same one!). Just a couple of questions:-
Would that take a normal 1" headset or is it different for Raleigh's of that era?
And is the BB a normal british one?

It could be either. Lots of high end Raleighs had English threads.

So I'm not entirely sure, and my feeler guages and tin of headsets were both stolen. :evil:

No great shakes if it is, though. I probably have a Raleigh BB you can have for nowt, and you could source a Raleigh headset or fit a new fork. Freemans cycles have chrome ones which would look great, and they're only £15 new!

Back