Some interesting rear mechs I have kicking around...

Spokesmann

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Whilst tidying my cramped workshop today, ready to receive my Carlton Continental for a service and clean, I came across these mechs Ive had on various bikes at one time or another.

P7150510.jpg

These are (l-r, top to bottom): Campagnolo Valentino extra, a budget steel affair form the late 1960s - works very well. Suntour VX from a Carlton Pro-Am 12, a nice responsive unit. Campagnolo Rally - a dreadful long cage touring affair which I did my best to get to work properly, universally damned I think!. Below two Huret Svelto 2000s from the the 1970s, simple affairs which worked without fuss - both from 1970s Carltons.

P7150509.jpg

P7150508.jpg

P7150506.jpg

Could I talk you into parting with the Valentino Extra? I've managed to break part of the tensioing wheel cage on the one that's hanging off the back of my Claud Butler....

DSC02278.jpg

Goldie":1pmjlaer said:
Could I talk you into parting with the Valentino Extra? I've managed to break part of the tensioing wheel cage on the one that's hanging off the back of my Claud Butler....

DSC02278.jpg

Make me an offer via Pm I dont use the mech now, it was on my 68-72 Corsa.

I've just been cleaning a Huret mech similar to the two at bottom of first pic, was fitted to a 1976 Raleigh Olympus.. not with the round jockeys though

Dead Rats":13wg1sor said:
I've just been cleaning a Huret mech similar to the two at bottom of first pic, was fitted to a 1976 Raleigh Olympus.. not with the round jockeys though

Some later ones had toothed jockey wheels.

Back