1" Headset Choice - help me decide

pinguwin":glvaf0v6 said:
BoyBurning":glvaf0v6 said:
Tragic - patriot. Not a yank now are you. And that frame certainly ain't.

Actually, he probably isn't a 'yank' as that refers to someone from the New England region of the U.S. or at the very least the northern part of the U.S. Southern people aren't yanks and don't like to be referred to as such.

Also, if referring to colors on a flag, it might just as well be from Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Croatia, North Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Paraguay, Russia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Thailand, Yugoslavia. As they all have red/white/blue flags and given that most people around the world are proud of their countries, would be called patriots.

So I say, go for the red/white/blue headset. Your bike may not be from Paraguay, but dammit, those Paraguayans deserve their due.

Pinguwin
[/url]

'Patriot' is an american word. The British equivalent is 'Loyalist'. Paraguayans almost certainly would not use the word 'Patriot'.

As such you would use partriot only in reference to the S&Ss.

The UK also has a R/W/B flag.

I don't like being refered to as a Pom by Aussies, as technically it is incorrect - they are the POMs. But I am and I don't moan about it.

It's all a bit of fun in the end anyway - try and keep it that way!

I was thinking the Patriot in red/silver/blue is similar enough to the UK colours and therefore would be quite funky on a red/white/blue UK built frame with a few other red and blue anodised trinkets?

I was wondering if it would be slightly naff overkill colouring is all :oops:

I'm changing those forks for some lovely dark red 1998 Marzocchi Bombers - I never could get on with those Pace BITD and even with rose tinted retro spectacles on nothing has changed :roll:

Cheers all for advice but it hasn't helped... I still don't know which way to go.

I'm tempted with the King because this bike is a keeper and 1" headsets have always been a disaster for me.

I'm changing those forks for some lovely dark red 1998 Marzocchi Bombers

Lovely forks and dead easy to service (spares still available from Windwave) - had a pair on my '98 Kona Muni Mula.

BoyBurning":lqy43b5e said:
Nice silver post and yer sorted!

A silver seatpost wuld look better but I will not change the Black Bontrager Carbon post, or the Manitou Stem/Answer Hyperlite Bars; I've owned all the above since 1992/1993 and they will be used until they pass away ;)

Back