The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

most modern subs have a high level input where the speaker cables go from the amplifier to the sub and then onto the speakers themselves.

Solves a lot of connection probs.

I need a woofer for my mission 751's blew it years back but time to fix it, do you have one?

Also what obscure Hifi stuff did you design in your previous life?

mini Quad electrostatics (not much 'designing' needed), the great big tall ESL, some obscure Wharfedales made for pence and never really saw the light of day.

Need a pic of the 751 to remind me.

Ta.

like these, I'll try and get my old ones out the loft and get a pic though

Mission_751.JPG

ooh dear, unfortunately they are now made of unobtainium. You can call IAG to see if they still have any but the last time I tried they were charging £145 plus VAT and delivery (I live 3 miles away) for a Wharfedale part).

IAG own the Mission brand name and most of the spares stock turned up at local car boot sales when the factory was closed.

The 751 is a fantastic speaker and was way underpriced second hand, always overshadowed by the bigger 753 and 752.

check these out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mission-751-Black ... 2a08908616

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MISSION-751-BLK-L ... 335eba2a62

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yes technically I could have got the work done under their 5 year warranty but never quite got round to it. I'll watch the cheaper pair and scan the local second hand shops.

I've got my eye on a similar centre speaker too, might finally try out this 2.1 surround nonsense :)

The Ken":q20e28h4 said:
yes technically I could have got the work done under their 5 year warranty but never quite got round to it. I'll watch the cheaper pair and scan the local second hand shops.

I've got my eye on a similar centre speaker too, might finally try out this 2.1 surround nonsense :)

I prefer not using a centre speaker.

4x 751 will be better ;)

I don't see the point too a center speaker TBH, But I use it on my home cinema because it's there, it's a bit like a big tweeter IMO, And a ass too balance on a plasma screen, :LOL:

NAD separates:

3130 Amplifier £55 inc UK shipping

4155 Tuner £20 inc UK shipping

6220 Cassette deck £29 inc uk shipping

5220 CD player £29 inc UK shipping***SOLD***

Attachments

• NAD nads.jpg
    NAD nads.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 5,061

Latest posts

Back