Spooky Bandwagon

Thanks for sharing that it looks a nice purposeful build! :cool: Was tempted to go with rigid forks too before the bombers came along.

Would like to see more pics of it if you have any, and any info on the frame as i notice yours has more of a gloss finish, plus it has bottle mounts. Didn't know they made them with those.. What year is it?

a small update to show where i'm at..

Had a nightmare getting hold of everything but the brakes are just about sorted, just waiting on a new front braided hose before a good bleeding all round. Need the rear Spooky mount also before i sign those off as done! ;) .. Squiffy has made me one so hopefully he'll come up trumps with that, cheers!

Headset went in no worries with the help of some hefty wood blocks and a hammer! so it's nice to have the front end built.
Gave up searching for the azonic bars so went with some DMR Wingbars which i think look great. Looking forward now to getting the bottom bracket once i figure out the correct length needed, then the cranks and chain guide can fit into place. Still need the right chainring which i haven't found yet but biding my time with that and a few other bits.

I'tll be hubs, get the wheels built then gears and drivetrain after that.. so not too long to go now hopefully :)

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

That looks wicked :D

Definately the right forks and spec for that, look forward to seeing the finished build

Cheers Neil :)

it has tried my patience somewhat but i'm quietly enjoying it now it's starting to look like something, and has come out better than i'd hoped so far..

roll on the end!

Again, I think that bike is crying out to be hucked over some nice dubs!

What's the equivalent sort of bike on offer today? Never really got my head around the differences between the metalhead and the bandwagon

Neil G":2z45torm said:
Again, I think that bike is crying out to be hucked over some nice dubs!

What's the equivalent sort of bike on offer today? Never really got my head around the differences between the metalhead and the bandwagon

Not really sure what would be the equivalent today as all i see are the hardcore hardtail, long travel offerings...

I admit to not being very knowledgable when it comes to what's what right now but feel most builders don't bother with this type of thing much. They may throw in a small framed dj bike, but the next level is aimed at xc primarily with nothing much inbetween; nothing too specific anyway. I'd certainly like to know what makes a slalom frame a slalom frame or whatever else they get marketed at.

Never got my head round the differences either tbh, but the only difference i know of between the metalhead and the bandwagon are the rear dropouts which i think is about it.. oh and a £200 price difference in the frames.
The metalhead is always going to be the one that gets the most attention though because of the name even though the bandwagon is the rarer frame of the two. They'll both do the job in equal measures no doubt.

IMO either is good...maybe the equivalent is the DMR Trailstar but that was probably around at the same time so isn't really 'modern'.

Friend of mine used to have a metalhead and boy did it take some abuse.I always remember the no footer over a 15ft set which he bailed, bike went in front end on the landing but survived, think forks were slightly kippered though!

You're right.. It would probably be the Trailstar, which was around at the same time although i failed to even mention that :LOL:
Would be cool comparing the two once it's done seeing they have very similar geometry's, plus the steel vs aluminium thing to see how they differ in ride quality.
Certainly nice to know it isn't going to break although this one will no doubt have an easy life most of the time, but there'll be no 15 footers from me i'm afraid lol, i don't bounce like i used to! ;) Give me big kite though! :twisted:

Had a nice little surprise through the letterbox this morning! the spooky mount :D
It's amazing how an inanimate piece of metal can excite someone so much!!

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

Many, many thanks to squiffy for getting that made for me! it fits like a glove and is made to perfection :cool:

Relieved to be able to finally draw a line under that part, something that was niggling me right from the start of the build. There are some true saviours here for sure!

Cheers mate!!! :)

awesome build and awesome bugs!

whats the age of the other? love the interior colour scheme.

My first car was a 67 1500. Missed out on a completely rot free 71 Bus last year, another aussie import with lovely bleached paint.
been kicking myself ever since.

Back