Kona Exsplosif rear seatpost canti hanger

fastfilli

Retro Newbie
Anybody know where I can get a rear canti hanger that will work with my 1992 Kona Exsplosif.

Iv had the bike from new its been through alsorts of state's through its life a bit like triggers brush I have most of the parts to put it back to standard but not the canti hanger that goes round the frame that holds the seat tube.

Im running XT v brakes at the momment but want to put it back to Old School !

Found something earlier in a box off a kona. Think it fits on the seat clamp to fit cantis. Does this sound about right?

Re canti hanger

paste this link in fron Ebay there is a good picture of the type of hanger I need:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=003

there is only one lug at the front of the frame for the outer cable of the brake to catch on then the inner cable runs bare all the way down the frame round the cable guide-canti hanger to the rear brakes ?[/img]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bugger! sorry guy's it was the bracket that attaches to the front of your P2's not the rear of your frame. Sorry :roll:

Canti hanger

You can buy a post fit one from many sellers on Ebay, if your struggling let me know, will not be a Kona branded though.

I know I've got one :) just not sure where it is :?

I'll have a good look later :) if I can find it, its yours :) I'm sure I've got the nice little round straddle wire thingies ( its a technical term ) if you want those as well :)

Edited because I think the straddle wire thingies were triangle shaped :) I'll have a look anyway :)

fastfilli

I may be able to help. I recently refurbished a 92 CinderCone for a friend. He wanted to change to V-brakes, as he found the Suntour Canti's a pain to set up, and his levers were knackered. I left that bit on his bike, but it serves no purpose. He may be prepared to sell for the right price! (He's a bit of a shrewd business man, so make a good offer if you want it.

Cheers
d_c

Hi guys havent looked at this thread for a bit I was in Wales racing my Enduro bike !

Have you had any luck finding your canti thingys Mr Jones ?

Thanks for your help too development_cycle

Um I would not know where to start to make an offer for these parts. Up till two weeks ago, till I found this web site my old Kona was just a sad old bike I keep going to use for work and Keep me fit, I would'nt show it off to my mate's with there mega buck full suspension bikes they would wet them selfs if they new my old bike was 15 years old :shock: . But I just love it so much it still rides great and I must have done galactic miles on this bike. I use it every day have done for years :D if I new how to put a picture up I would, you would be shocked at its speck now :oops:

So anyway you best tell me the price :?:

Back