BoTM July 2010 - Riders Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh a new serious contender, I love that funk and it's utilitarian repairs, a bike that wears it's history well.

The Ken":2sq3x5gd said:
ooh a new serious contender, I love that funk and it's utilitarian repairs, a bike that wears it's history well.

I would simply love to see a battered 'Rider' win BoTM purely on that basis. Its a RIDER, not a tart, and bikes are meant to be used!

My P20. Definitley not a garage queen. Its been given some stick over the years and I love it.
Before the Peaks 2008

main.php

Peaks 2009

wacko_138.jpg

Shift permitting it'll be at the Peaks 2010, if its happening :D

Pics by Mr K ;)

^^^
Gets my vote.

Having seen it at the Peaks 08 and 09 getting well and truly hammered, it is one of my favourite bikes on the site.

Beautiful.

I've had this bike for 15 years now, it is on its 2nd fork, 2nd MC1, 2nd headset, 3rd bottom bracket. It has had the usuall two small cracks at the bottom of the seat clamp slot for those 15 years but is still holding together.

Stationary pic on the South Downs way near Falmer a few weeks ago; racing pic from the 2008 Revolver race in Brighton, pic by Joolze Dymond

Attachments

• compressed.jpg
    compressed.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 918
  • racing compressed.jpg
    racing compressed.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 918
Love seeing a classic Klein getting a good thrashing instead of hanging on a wall and getting a weekly polish.

i'll play… and hopefully i'll get a stray vote… :LOL:

Attachments

• img_2978_126.jpg
    img_2978_126.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_7410.jpg
    IMG_7410.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 853
Pickle":3kxaby5q said:
The Ken":3kxaby5q said:

I would simply love to see a battered 'Rider' win BoTM purely on that basis. Its a RIDER, not a tart, and bikes are meant to be used!

Have to agree, this has been my personal favourite BoTM so far since the Saracen one. Great entries to date.

I shall also submit another battered old rider then. My 1992 Titanium Dyna Tech as rescued from a terrible state on eBay in February and ridden lots since. This includes several RB meets and all my five laps at Mountain Mayhem. (Although, despite searching through thousands of images online, I can't find any photos to prove it)

I only really have shots riding it rather than any nice shiny clean set-up ones.

dynatech_gisburn1.jpg

February 2010: Retrobike NWA National Meet ~ Gisburn Forest

NWA-MaccForest-April-027.jpg

April 2010: Retrobike NWA Regional Meet ~ Macclesfield Forest, Three Shires Head and Wildboarclough

Photos courtesy of Dr S and Sinnett117. ;)

More here.

Yeti.
Daily rider- hence the lights and seatpack. Frame owned since new in 1996. Parts go back as early as 1991 for the M730 stuff.
When the sh!t hit the fan a few years ago and everything had to go, the car went, then the motorbike. Then even tools and clothes went, but not the Kokopelli.
Racing pix from the Gorrick series either this year or last. Credit acknowledged to Joolz via the watermark- thus I hope, not a copywrite enfringement.
GorrickFeb09.png

On the way home from work yesterday
DSC03966.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back