Airborne Lucky Strike Update P5

amedias":36w5i5sf said:
suppose i should post some pics of my black widow up then since this seems to be the Airborne fan club thread :)

start a new one!
I've got a Lancaster further down..... I'm going to update the thread with new pictures and a full run down of the build later.....

New wheels and tyres added. Some propper stopping power as well! I've a ti flite on its way and I've added a splattering of Ti bolts! All in a days work :D

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,633
Awkward Kid":6iqnkl5r said:
lewis1641":6iqnkl5r said:
airborne?

Yup!

Lancaster

Think i'm going to strip the decals off. Any tips boys? They seem to be painted? Will most probably end up with Wildgrippers on, as always which colour?
Currently very light and may get lighter? Dunno yet!

Looks absolutely gorgeous!

mfargy483":6iqnkl5r said:
niiice... just picked up an airborne miss behavin' bmx ti toy =)

eeeeeeeek!

I wouldn't trust an Airborne bmx frame if I was given it and paid to ride it. I have personally witnessed 2 break... in multiple places at the same time. Careful mate, they are just as bad as the brand x ti forks that raped the market in the early/mid 90's. They were a company with 0 bmx experience... and it showed with the integrity of the frames. (I doubt they did any strength analysis on them either.. which is what kept the costs down there with top end aluminum frames at the time.

No cracks just lots of smiles! Change of direction and i've come full circle. Out with the White Bros and back in with the Terralogic Fox. On goes the Charge and off comes the Flite. Just need a few ties and the cables shortening. Job done!

Attachments

• ti.JPG
    ti.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,563
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 3,563
lucky strike

nice to see another lucky strike. I had a frame bought for me in 2000/1 (?) and it got built up for my 40th (as a surprise) by my youngest brother october last year. mines built with ritchey WCS carbon parts and shimano stuff with a Reba race fork from 2006. the welds are awesome!

My lucky strike ,My daily rider 2002 frame I believe.
A fraction over 20LBS and thats with 600 grm tyres.

Attachments

• 2004_0313airbourne0016_159.jpg
    2004_0313airbourne0016_159.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 3,460
They are belters to ride. A true XC racer. Few little changes to mine. I am thinking Blue SID's??? Hmmmm

Attachments

• IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,441
New mech added, and can you see what i did??? :oops: :roll:
By accident rather than design! Thoughts

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 3,378
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG