Show us your cars

that is some serious work good doctor.

what are "wasted valves?"

170 at the wheels. that is awesome

have you dared to work out mpg yet! (i realise that's not what the car is about)

lewis1641":3k0hmbcu said:
that is some serious work good doctor.

what are "wasted valves?"

170 at the wheels. that is awesome

have you dared to work out mpg yet! (i realise that's not what the car is about)

It does mid teens when bimbling about and on the motorway but can drop to single figures when running hard. I should get a good idea next week when I do the 1500 mile round trip to Le Mans.

Wasted Valves...
Thats when you take your valve, pop it in a lathe and machine the waste down. You start just below the point where the valve protrudes out of the guide and take it down all the way to the tip of the seat on the valve head. You then machine a swirl onto the back of the head. Last job is to make a three angle cut to the seat itself and to the coresponding port The idea is for the valve to put up as little resistance to flow in the throat. It probably makes little difference on its own- maybe a few cfm at higher revs, but the devil is in the detail, a few small gains here and there all add up in the end.

Dr S said:
A little update on the progress of my beloved Alfa for the petrol heads.

Its almost done. I'm fitting the new head lining tonight and just need to refit the glass and associated trim.

4702450483_7ea1aea46c_b.jpg

Nice. Always liked red, especially on Defenders ;) :LOL:

do you know the guy who built that? wayne somebody i believe?

looks like a heavy netal teddy bear

Wayne Allman of the Intergalactic custom shop.

Boy is he a good with a torch! :cool:

Back