The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..any thoughts on what my Mantis frame is worth?

Going by the pictures I posted(green frame)...As it is my intension to probably sell...but i would like to know what folks might be willing to pay.
Maybe as a frame set with Amp forks!(which i have also)

I really need the money as I am unemployed & suffering from Arthritis...which means money is very very tight..

CRIPES A MIGHTY

Don't see many around, which is why it is hard to even guess a price. Amp forks would be worth circa £100 as previously stated. If I were you i'd put it on eBay and see what it fetches. You can post a link in the eBay section here, it's just hard for me personally to guess a price. eBay has the biggest market so the price it makes there will be what it is worth. Not the answer you were looking for I know but that's all i've got :LOL:

Hunter 0

Like a nice Diamondback! Both look like they are quite tatty though, both could do with some rust treatment and resprays. They both seem to have an eclectic mix of modern and old bits as well, some of which is desirable to many, others not so much so. If I were you i'd strip and sell individually, things like the XT U brake might make £15-20. As they are I'm not sure you'd get more than £60 ish for either.

Just my guess though. Good luck with the sale.

Cheers! coomber..
Yes...i really have no idea what it's worth..i know it was not a cheap frame when it was new for sure...was a very classy ride...the kind i looked at back then and thought "Like one of those!"...lol

I did that with the Nishiki Alien...but the forward facing brop outs couldn't handle the power i put through the wheel and it came out 3 times on the same ride....no matter how tight i locked the skewer..(Salsa).

I was almost killed at a cross junction. i got out the saddle to put away from lights...and BANG!..the wheel came out i went atse over tit and beat myself up prety bad right infront of on coming traffic..the 3 time that ride.
I got home in a right state...
I had spent alot of money kitting it out with Kooka Cranks, Brake levers, Godl USE seatpost (rare) green flight saddle(rare), matching brakes, dont recall make ...£200 a pop....Wanted all matching red, gold, green colour scheme on black frame.(see picture)

But that was enough..i was so disapponited..so much money and effort to get the parts....It was just to dangerous to ride...I couldn't trust the forward facing dropouts..

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,195
Set of new unused Michelin amber wildgrippers
Set of m900 cranks in used but good original condition and have a highly polished finished
A front hub double disc mount [Be like Big Eck :LOL: ]

Attachments

• Dynas pics 038 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 038 (Large).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Dynas pics 043 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 043 (Large).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Dynas pics 013 (Large).jpg
    Dynas pics 013 (Large).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,189
HI!

Sorry for putting this in the wrong area initially, think I hit "new" instead of "reply" anyway here goes...

I hope you don't mind me posting my first post in here but I'm wondering what sort of value my 1997 Kona U'I might be worth. Its mostly original with just a couple of changes such as a replacement gear shift, saddle and tryes.

I'm looking at purchasing a more modern bike as I seem to be riding more and more these days but not sure If I can justify selling it after all these years!

For its age it has had very little use with just the odd graze here and there but generally in great order looking more like a bike of less than a year old. I was out just this weekend trial riding with mates on recent high spec bikes, and the old girl still rode well even in quite demanding situations.

Looking on the net I can't find much talk at all about the U'I so maybe there aren't many around these days ?

I'll try to get some pics but in the meantime theres a pic and further info on Bikepedia (kona - 1997 - U'I) (sorry can't post a link!)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have to confess that I am not a retrobike regular but am hoping that you will be able to offer a bit of advice.

I won a Muddy Fox Courier in a raffle at the weekend!
DSC07811.JPG

As far as I can tell it is fully original with Muddy Fox brand tyres, original grips, brake blocks, drivetrain, saddle etc. There isn't even any wear on the rims:) it does have a few scratches to the paintwork and some heel rub on the cranks.

An earlier version of this was my first MTB (all white with cantis front and back) so it is quite a treat to own it.

However, I am not sure I can justify the space it will take up in the shed. Is there much of a market for this kind of bike and any advice on its worth would be much appreciated.

thanks

So I've got my trusty 1998 Kona Kula. I still have to swap a couple parts over to get it back to it's spec when I got it.

I've had this bike for 5 years, and haven't used it quite enough. Got it in part trade for a bunch of work I did for a friend's uncle. The bike had been sitting in the garage for years, due to a back injury. He tricked it out quite a bit from stock back in the late 90's.

Thinking of selling it or even putting it on Ebay. Not sure if it's worth enough to justify the trouble, and the loss of a classic, and my only hardtail.

Kona Kula frame.
Chris King no-logo threaded headset
Marzocchi Bomber Z3 light fork
Mavic crossland SUP rims & hubs
Grip shift ESP 9.0 8-spd shifters & rear der. LX front.
Soon to have the old green Michelin tires back on
Cook Bros. cranks with Real chainrings & SRP crank bolts
Avid SD 2.0 brake levers & Arch Rival brakes
Easton EA 50 handlebar, EA 60 stem, EA 70 seatpost
Qstix skewers

Thanks for any thoughts & input.

Machine Tech Zero Flex brakelevers, never seen them and cant find any info about them, so what you think are they worth?

Foto-GZDF3XB8.jpg

Foto-HITGOXHZ.jpg

Foto-OWEJBAD8.jpg

Foto-EQOHG4VG.jpg

They are in a nice condition.

Cheers,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back