Alconbury mega epic aftermath thread

Stupid wide bars.......

easy_does_it_464.jpg

Thank you to Neil for his patience!

I dont know about calling it 'And the winner is', more like 'Put your hands up if you've got saddle sore and sunburn' :LOL:

Oh, and I can safely say after spending all day riding it, that Stumpjumper is the best bike it the world.

Ever.

Period.

Attachments

• and_the_winner_is_114.jpg
    and_the_winner_is_114.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 530
I 'normally' do this ride on a Zaskar which is waaaay more suitable...

The Overbury's high BB and lack of sleep left me a little knackered with sore thigh tops and knees and was having to think about my sentences. It was quite difficult talking to people.

Its a good long route. It gives me ideas for another Sunday day out.

My name is now mud with the WAGs though.

legrandefromage":uvk3ykhy said:
The Overbury's high BB and lack of sleep left me a little knackered with sore thigh tops and knees and was having to think about my sentences.

To me when following you it just looked like your saddle was too low, and you weren't getting a proper leg extension.

legrandefromage":uvk3ykhy said:
My name is now mud with the WAGs though.

I could have done with being home a little earlier.........! There were a few bits that needed doing at home :oops:

Mrs Reki was cool about me getting home 2 hours later than expected. I did walk through the front door holding a chinese take-away.

REKIBorter":3fue86k8 said:
Mrs Reki was cool about me getting home 2 hours later than expected. I did walk through the front door holding a chinese take-away.

Good planning that man.

My lot had a chinese takeaway............before I got home :roll:

(they did save me some though!)

My pics:

Attachments

• narrow_bars.jpg
    narrow_bars.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 484
  • moo.jpg
    moo.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 484
  • flaaaaaat.jpg
    flaaaaaat.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 484
  • one_of_many.jpg
    one_of_many.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 484
sounds like fun but 30 miles is way to far for me...gunna have to try for a thetford this summer...at least that way when i collapse into an unfit pile of heaving sweating mediocraty of a bike rider i wont have too far to get back to the car.....

Back