Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
There was at least one other Cairns member here (sworksm2) but he hasn’t posted since Nov ’09. I think there was another as well but I forget their user name, they had a factory pink Klein with an interesting history.

So it is a gathering of 'one' for me. :(

Melbourne here, urban sprawl for miles in every direction, so miss just popping on the bike and being 5 minutes away from some awesome riding. Went for a ride this morning, bit windy but at least the sun was shining.

Shuffling between Melbourne and Margate (Tassie). Get out on an early '90s litespeed every now and then when I am at home. Melbourne is too grey and to many cars to ride in winter.

Hi guys. Just joined a few days ago. I'm in Belgrave, just by the entrance to Birdsland, which leads onto Lysterfield so the Commonwealth games track is just a hill away.

I'm only here until mid Oct though as we are moving to Wales and I get to sample some of the riding there.

G'day!

I'm from Sydney. Living pretty much in the city now and doing allot of fixed gear riding on a Cannondale Capo.

I grew up in the Blue Mountains though, so Mountain Biking is where my routes are.
Have competed at top level national events in Downhill riding on first a Giant ATX DH2, and later a Schwinn Straight 8 (which was stolen) and now I'm on a Rotec RL9.
Competed in the national series for a few years in Trials aswell on an Orange Zero Petr Kraus replica, and then an Echo Pure.
Plus I've also done a bunch of endurance XC racing on my last couple of Speshy Epic's and now my current 1998 Schwinn 4-Banger.

Been riding since I was a kid, and 26 now, so probably about 20 years.

Great to see a growing scene here in Aus.

The Model Citizen":36j68xqn said:
Hi guys. Just joined a few days ago. I'm in Belgrave, just by the entrance to Birdsland, which leads onto Lysterfield so the Commonwealth games track is just a hill away.

I'm only here until mid Oct though as we are moving to Wales and I get to sample some of the riding there.

I have yet to ride Lysterfield. Any tips and trails where to go?

If you go to the main carpark, off Belgrave Hallam Rd, you can go to the Trail Mix Cafe. There they have trail maps to guide you around. Surface is pretty groomed so don't expect anything too technical (although there is a rock garden section in the Commonwealth Games track which has some small DH and 4x4 tracks off it. I usually ride a hardtail there which suits most of the terrain.

There are some good sections of track (particularly the 12 bermed corners in the downhill (as opposed to DH) section of the games track).Around 25k of single track.

Good to see a few other Aussies, looks like we are all pretty spread out across the country ... I'm from brisbane!

Gday,

Alreayd introduced myself elsewhere but will do it again :D

I'm in the Blue Mountains. Mostly ride offroad on the many trails round here. Have two proflexes.

Ocassionally get out on my roadies too.

Back