Comps
Slims
Monsters
Bucks
Fats
Yos
Wickeds

Am I missing something?

You also forgot the Team w/ the box crown fork. (not to be confused with the Canadian 'Team Fat Chance'.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1988_Te ... Chance.htm

Yo's and Wickeds seem to be a dime a dozen so I'm not sure why they're so collectible save their wild paint jobs.

Did you like the way your red and gold one rode?

Yeah, I have bikes here that are waaay more rare, for example the Rafty. Not many got the momentum of FAT and reached their desirablity. This for various reasons and everybody will have his own (or not). The demand simply exceeds their availablity, making them expensive and sought after.

I do not know how many FATs in Holland. 20? 30?

Spikes, any idea?

I think most of the different FATs have now been mentioned :)
theres been a number of 1 offs & limited production run, tomacs mongoose FAT (2), ricks shockabilly with action tec (indeed theres a few prototype billy floating around). TFM1160, the only fat chance titanium with a disc brake mount. only 182 of the supposed 200 10th anniversarys were ever built. the fat chance wedding tandem, the FATrasta, the FATlanta's, the later all steel, all FAT built shockabillys (200)
certainly in the early 90s FAT produced a large amount of bikes, most went to US but a 1/3 went to germany. personally i think its extremely cool that FATs got such a cult following; that prices are still high & they're still in demand despite the large numbers made ;)

whats the specific info you need to settle the argument neil?
I'd guess the yo eddy was their best selling bike, probabily then the wicked & original FATs, with equal share to buckshavers, monsters, bro-eddys, 1160 fat tis made (from original 92-late 99) down to the all steel billys, 10ths, then the real rare stuff as mentioned above.. criss cross, slim chance ti etc

Real world numbers

I guess I'm trying to get a feel for how many of the 'normal' FATs there are around in the UK - I'm not interested in the one offs, the super rare or the slight seconds here - just the cooking models.

There may well be documented factory figures for this or that - but how many of which model have we actually seen, say in the last two years?

Neil

Re: Real world numbers

mrkawasaki":2ey9a4bl said:
I guess I'm trying to get a feel for how many of the 'normal' FATs there are around in the UK - I'm not interested in the one offs, the super rare or the slight seconds here - just the cooking models.

There may well be documented factory figures for this or that - but how many of which model have we actually seen, say in the last two years?

Neil

how many on ebay or how many word of mouth private sale would be very different figures ;)
actual figures? i dont keep records! hell do you have a massive bet placed or something? ;) :LOL:

Scores on doors

Just eyeballs onto metal figures please!

No word of mouth 'my mate's got 33 Shockabillys in his shed (but he won't let me look at them)' stuff.... :LOL:

No money involved yet - but you never know...

Neil

Re: Scores on doors

mrkawasaki":ikya6r5i said:
Just eyeballs onto metal figures please!

No word of mouth 'my mate's got 33 Shockabillys in his shed (but he won't let me look at them)' stuff.... :LOL:

No money involved yet - but you never know...

Neil

well, good luck with that ;) :LOL:

@Rody: is there a picture of that bike?
@Melvin: dunno how many. I own 6, my mate owns one and I know of 5 more. That makes 12 altogether but probably more.

I know 13

you 6
your friend 1
I 1
Roy 1
Jeroen 3
shop in Limburg 1

That makes 13

..and than I encountered several more owners on forums around the globe

If there are 13 to 20 on the surface, I think it plausible to conclude there could very well be 40 or so. With the guess we of course have to take into account that there probably won't be many more, if not no more people like you and Jeroen, who own multiple FATs

There has never been serious import for FAT in Holland. In the beginning of Vertex they imported FATs. BikePride and BikeFun also imported them, but I again do not think the scale is very substantial.

Back