Zaskar LE commuter-boy

sylvain

BoTM Winner
Just thought I'd post this one up here - haven't got good enough pics yet but will get some soon:

Frame: GT Zaskar LE 1998 blue
Headset: King blue
Forks: Raleigh M-trax titanium dark purple
Wheels: Sunn Brubz3 hubs red / Mavic 517 Ceramic rims
Tires: Specialized Fat Boy
Bottom bracket: Syncros ti double row
Cranks: XTR M900
Crank bolts: White Industries ti
Ring: TA 54t
Pedals: Shimano 858
Chain: SRAM PC91
Cog: King steel 17t
Tensioner: Surly
Saddle: Flite Evo
Stem: generic 90mm black
Bars: generic shortened black
Grips: Ergon
Brake levers: XTR STI M900 (sans pods)
Brakes: XTR M950
Bottle cage: Ringlé H2o purple
Extras: rear-view mirror- yeah babe!

Yep, and not just for looks. Got them on all my bikes save the singlespeed (a bit too much bouncing up and down when spinning, but I might try it one day - just a lot of hassle swapping saddles on a Moots post ;-)). If you haven't yet, you should try one - most comfortable saddle I've tried.

I'm not worried about the comfort. I rode a solid plastic bmx saddle for long enuff as a kid (& yeh, I'm still able to have children of my own ;) hahaha

.. its the crash crackin the hull in 1/2 & totalling it I worry about! ...still I have a retro bike that would really suit such a saddle if u know of any going cheap? ;)

Sylvain,

able to get to the forum from home? Or still work only? Drop me a PM and I'll give you a few things to try.

You tried the new selle italia carbon saddle, slr c64 or something. Looks like a blade :?

pics

no still can't get it at home. I've (briefly) looked at firewall settings buit it hasn't helped. the c64 looks very rigid unlike the flite, and the carbon is shaped not flat which could be painful if it doesn't fit your bum exactly.

the way you run your saddle so far forward... you'd probs be an ideal candidate for a custom built frame :)

Yes the frame is a big 18", I would normally take a 16" or 16"5, that's why the forward saddle and stubby stem. I just had the chance to grab the frame from a friend, I know it's not ideally sized.

Back