I love this manitou. More in pg2

Re: very nice !

magicmistertea":2q5rmm56 said:
have you owned it since new or did you pick it up recently? very shiney, sunglasses time !

No, it´s not my bike.
I konw a guy tha have tree or four manitous in his livingroom. I will take the photo when I go home next weekend and I ´ll put on monday. All looks like new. No pedals and no dust. ;)

My oldest bike is a Orbea motoreta. I have since 1986 and it is a bmx estrange model. Next is the merida mats pro (1996-7) I sold my other bikes. :cry:

The world is not fair..

Here i wreck around the nearby mountains on my old beloved Kona, homepainted with spraycans, full of dents and scratches, and a fifteen year old fork that is leaking oil and barely working at all.
And this guy has a harem with four of those beauties in his livingroom for decoration!
Of course they shouldnt be treated like my old rusty steelhorse, ( they must be a national tresure or something) i just dont understand how he can stand not riding them. I would be all over that like a kid in candystore.

I'd put a lot of bikes on the list before this one.

Though its a pretty clean build and a cool looking bike.

...bar ends and riser bars...ya, lame.

Also...not using the chain tensioner on the chain stay there?

Im not a fan of these either. So many have died. So many on this forum. Has put me right off over the years.

Not a fan Im afraid :cry:

Lots about. Not that rare- when I do see one I have an urge to take the nice bits off it and hang them on something else! Maybe its more a frustration thing as there is always so much nice blue stuff on these bikes....

Pretty though I guess in its own way.

Yeh I know - before u all begin...

...Pace crack, Rictheys break and so do Trimblesbut we have seem a good more Manitous that have (especially on this forum and on ebay).

:? :cool: :cool:

Here are the livingroom. ¡¡Incredible!! :cool: :shock:
Yes some have pedals (crank brothers eggbeater.) And yes, he has a kona hei hei.

[/img]

Manitou FS in garage queen shock!

The elastomers on that bike look like they have collapsed.

I respect the effort that went into that and much as I love the look of those they were dreadfull bikes. That frame design was a lot of effort for little/no benefit, if your lucky you get about half an inch of travel at the back but chances are the twisting forces will have prevented even that.

On the Manitou 3's the black "Teflon" coating on the stantions lasted about a week before scoring and destroying the bushes.

All this woe is before you even get to the headtube and bottom bracket cracking stories and warranty hassles.

If you want wall art then yes... it looks nice :roll: but bikes are for riding and knowing it would brake is the reason I didn't buy the HT that used to hang in the Alpine shop in Aberdeen (I bought a Trek OCLV instead... and broke two of them :twisted: )

Back