Great Britain

kingroon":5yhulfqc said:
Funny, I was chatting with another Pommie couple and they said the move back was "inevitable"; they're moving back next year.

Both my girls parents are UK born and bred and basically would never want to go back other than for visiting family and even then they wouldn't want to do that for too long...

The few Brits/Scots I ride with with also say the riding here in Tassie in much better than anything in the UK so why would you want to go back ;)

jez-2-many-bikes":1jh9yr0d said:
Rip off Britain. :(

You wanna try living in Sydney.. :roll:

jez-2-many-bikes":1jh9yr0d said:
I'm beginning to really detest the way this country is. Getting worse Im afraid...

What's so wrong?

Sydney has some serious problems itself, the most apparent of which is alcohol related violence..

My brother was mugged on Saturday night in an area called The Rocks [equivalent of Covent Garden I suppose]; three Islanders [from any number of the South Pacific Islands] attacked him as he was walking home trying to get a cab. Took his phone and camera. Left him unconcious in the gutter with a broken jaw, broken nose, split lip and bruised and bashed face.

kingroon":38f0z5j0 said:
jez-2-many-bikes":38f0z5j0 said:
Rip off Britain. :(

You wanna try living in Sydney.. :roll:

jez-2-many-bikes":38f0z5j0 said:
I'm beginning to really detest the way this country is. Getting worse Im afraid...

What's so wrong?

Sydney has some serious problems itself, the most apparent of which is alcohol related violence..

My brother was mugged on Saturday night in an area called The Rocks [equivalent of Covent Garden I suppose]; three Islanders [from any number of the South Pacific Islands] attacked him as he was walking home trying to get a cab. Took his phone and camera. Left him unconcious in the gutter with a broken jaw, broken nose, split lip and bruised and bashed face.

Hope your brother is on the mend, that sounds nasty.

Cheers mate, it was his 30th birthday too.. He's on the mend..

I'm not saying that Sydney is a bad place, just that everywhere has its problems.. :roll:

Sorry to hear about your bro, Roon. Whereabouts in Sydney are you living? We used to live in Randwick a couple of years ago and never really had any proplems- just had to know to stay clear of the Coach and Horses at chucking out time! It didn't seem too bad to me really, certainly not nearly as violent as my hometown in England (Salisbury), where there would more often than not be fights bordering on pitched battles on a Friday evening...

Didn't go out at the Rocks much though- a bit of a pain to get to and too pricey.

Moved to Brisbane and it's nearly as expensive as Sydney these days. Bah.

kingroon":1wojssxg said:
I'm not saying that Sydney is a bad place, just that everywhere has its problems.. :roll:

Personally I don't like Sydney than much so I wouldn't be offended if you said it was the worst place on earth.

Geoff":1wojssxg said:
Moved to Brisbane and it's nearly as expensive as Sydney these days. Bah.

Unfortunatley all the Sydney/Melbourne retirees are pushing up the prices here in Tassie too, but nothing compared to the cost of living where you guys are.

In some respects my place in Hobart is ideally positioned in that it takes 15minutes for me to walk to work in the CBD and there are numerous trails about 2 minutes ride from my garage. Ok it may not have all the things that e.g. Sydney can offer, but I don't need more than a job to pay for the bikes and a place to ride close to home ;)

Geoff":2oys21ez said:
Sorry to hear about your bro, Roon. Whereabouts in Sydney are you living?
Cheers mate, he's on soup and Banana Smoothies for a while.. I live in Manly on the Northern Beaches..

I was walking home from the legendary BoatShed the other night [about 2am] and saw a fella hitting a woman [his wife/girlfriend], no sh*t.. Freakin crazy.. She ran off and jumped in a cab as I walked over to break it up.. Then he stumbled into another cab.. Couldn't believe it.. :shock:

Erm..

Alcohol related violence - sounds nasty.

We are having a spout of child shootings currently.... :cry:

Public transport - joke.
Cost of living - joke
Weather - joke
British TV - joke
British newspapers & Media - oh my god what a major joke

Oh I could go on....

Back