10 at Kirroughtree

Didn't realise they'd finished it earlier. Made it in just after 7 I think, and I reckon my last lap still counted, since we were 76th on the board.

Fantasy lap: Found my second wind, blew past everybody, stopped to help gorgeous mud covered single lady with puncture, went for a quick tumble in the bushes AND got her phone number. Cleaned all the tricky stuff and finally wheelied over the line to camera flashes, rapturous applause and adulation from lycra clad lovelies. Also set lap record.

Reality lap: Granny gear, fatigue induced mistakes including stem in groin, walked anything that looked like it could remotely damage me. Just made it over the line with rapidly deflating front tyre, no fuss staff grabbed timing chip of me and asked how many people were in my team - too befuddled to reply 4, so only got two bottles of whiskey.

:LOL: In retrospect I enjoyed it course an all and pulling when we did I think was the right decision. It was a good 6-7hrs cycling time and a real slog at bits though the top class singletrack more than made up for it.

I'm alive :) And feel fine today, sorry ZZ I've left you alone fighting with roots and mud on the end but was too tempted of hot shower and meal at home.

Looks great :) , cool pics :cool: , i;ll maybe do this one when it comes round next year.

That Ellsworth looks like it's a nice bike under all that mud :LOL:

RobMac":27svlqjs said:
mikee":27svlqjs said:
didnae realise haggis was a lady

Only at weekends :shock:

theres a guy in broxburn like that , only when he dresses up in the wee skirts and susses he still has mega stubble/beard :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: the wife says he used to be a school teacher and lost the plot......

a cannie help but laugh when a see him :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

big.eck":1qd0xiva said:
RobMac":1qd0xiva said:
mikee":1qd0xiva said:

Only at weekends :shock:

theres a guy in broxburn like that , only when he dresses up in the wee skirts and susses he still has mega stubble/beard
Ahem :roll:

4193053354_f2b4dea532_o.png

mikee":25air386 said:

She's better looking than me I'm afraid. I'm the big Jessie behind kaiser with the knee pads and dopey looking smile :D

Back