Old Miyata Ti

Cypher

Retro Guru
Check out my old Miyata Beater = )
Not the original decals though...Very fast and sturdy ride,
too bad the bike's not with me anymore..

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 3,493
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 3,494
Hi Cypher,

Nice ride :cool:

..and this bike is already on the forums! => click here and scroll down

You were the 1st owner?

Anyway, it is a Miyata Elevation 8,000 and this is how the frame looks like with original decals =>

Elevation8000frameac800.jpg

Yeah, they are sturdy and yes they are great perfomers. Personally appreciate the finishing and detailling very much, of which this is a great example =>

173962857_0ef5336ea8_b.jpg

One piece casted monostay with a design to enable max tyre clearence and integrated cablestops. Also allowed mounting of a small shock, making the bike a ST.

I do not think there are many of the Ti's around, but same lugs and frame design has also been used for aluminium and carbon frames. In total there will be quite a lot. All great frames.

Lovely looking bike - was there ever a softtail version, and did it simply involve bolting a shock between the seatstays and seatube? Are there pivots at the chainstay end, as it looks lugged and I would'nt have thought that allowed for any flex?

The seatstay is bolted to the dropout, so it could be placed under another angle.

Nevertheless, maybe Miyata reasoned more or less the same at some point. For the 1995 year Koga Miyata intended to offer a carbon/ti frame with the ST setup. The 1st catalogues were already printed with the pre production model in it. In the end, the bike came never available to the public with the ST setup. I dunno the reason, but maybe it lay in the durabilty field. The Miyata bonds were strong though. From experience I can tell they hold up really well. If something went wrong it most often was unbonding in the dropout area.

pre production 1995 Koga SkyCarbolite =>

kogasc95voorserie_430.jpg

Greg 'hopping' on an Elevation 10,000 ST =>

greg9ac.jpg

Greg racing one in -probably- a Dual Slalom event =>

greg22C.jpg

Thanks Guys,

Well, the fact is I knew very little about the bike back then when I aquired it,
the seller I got the bike from told me that the bike came originally with these decals. I was however not convinced and ran a check with the people at

http://vintagemiyata.iwarp.com/

And True enuff..., well it was a really nice ride but I like things complete and all intact so I let her go..

So in fact you contacted me! :) You're Roy. Small (vintage)world huh?

Very small world! LOL

Good to hear from you mate! And much thanks for the info you gave me on the frame.

You are indeed THE Miyata Guru!

Back