East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

GT build. revamped the Quadra 21's forks fitted, refitted my brake cables.

Found out that I need a 26.8 seat post, however the one that came with the bike is 26.4, apart from that it is looking great, I even opened for the first time tonight the muc off kit that came free with MBUK back in the 90's. How Retro is that?

I like the idea of that as turbo trainers are sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. However a) needs a much bigger screen and b) needs better graphics, but it's a usable start :D

What job are you going for Perry?

@Mat sorry all ridden out this week, yesterday was enough to see me through to Tuesday!!

This video is a lot better than that first one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyEflAm ... r_embedded

Not sure what exactly I'd be doing but it's certainly a proper shop . The one set up in the shop has a much larger screen and it'll be interesting to see if the video carries on while I stop to make a cup of tea . The google earth thing looks interesting . I wonder if you can just ride around . I suppose with street view there's nothing stopping you from just popping out to lands end on an evening :LOL:

Well the trainer is good fun , the one in the shop is a bit worn out so didn't pedal particularly smooth but it's nice to see all the info on a screen in front of you . I jumped on and banged out 90rpm at something like 300 power uphill until it got a bit too warm and I started to sweat . my mate who was showing me said I could change gear " gears ! " :LOL:

Wasn't set up for me so seat was too low and I kept slipping the pedals to the middle of my feet but certainly good fun . I think I will have to get one ( at trade ) . Oh I think the interview went ok , you never can tell though . It's permanent in the workshop which is great as I was worried about having to sell new bikes ( not that I'm a retro grouch , I just don't think you need 6"+ travel to just ride along )

Latest posts

Back