10 at Kirroughtree

Can everyone light a candle for MacRetro rider ZZ, so as to help him find his way home. Last spotted at Kirroughtree 'I'm going out now, for another lap......I may be some time' :LOL:

A few photies from the 'Kirroughtree under 10 foot of mud' event...

IM003491.JPG

Dumfries and Galloway's finest take some time out from fighting statistics and targets
IM003492.JPG

Man of steel, no slouch either
IM003493.JPG

Kaiser and Haggis
IM003494.JPG

Radek and his rather lovely Ellesworth after 3 laps of mud
IM003495.JPG

IM003496.JPG

Are you glad it's over Radek?
IM003497.JPG

Self portrait because there was no one left in the car park to take my photo... Glassy eyed and slack jawed, no change from the usual then.
IM003498.JPG

Cracking course... Not as much climbing and fireroad shenanigans as 10 Under the Ben. Singletrack was fast and nice, recognised a lot of it from our big day out earlier in the year, including the infamous JimiH's balloon hand drop. The off piste rooty stuff would have been absolutely superb if it hadn't got churned up so quickly, some steep sections that were way beyond me (had enough trouble walking down them), but amazing to see some of the skilled guys rattling down it and somehow in complete control.

Once again the gazebo of love did a sterling job, wasn't too windy but it was fair chucking it down at times. Didn't attract any lady riders though, just the solo guy parked next to us :?

Nice one ZZ :) how did your last lap go? I see the race was cut short by an hour because of the course,dwindling light and the casualties stacking up.

Casualties stacking up :shock:

One of them would have been me if I'd showed so glad I didn't.

Well done everyone ;)

Latest posts

Back