1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows it's not a Zaskar. Alas this thread is little more than a spat between the OP and gm1230126.

Now, if someone could produce a GT document stating that the 1997 Avalanche was available in a 12.5" frame, this would all be sown up.

And you can forget about calling GT themselves as they don't seem to have info on anything prior to the bankruptcy :roll:

Don't want to stir up any bother, but... :twisted:

As a Zaskar fan myself, I'm always interested in a bit of a debate about end caps, 6061, etc. That's why I remembered a similar discussion a while ago.

Anyway, a quick search and here it is, albeit a bit shorter, less heated and involving the now infamous 'TULSTAR'!!!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64553

Amazing thing is, it's the exact same frame number.

The plot thickens.........

stevej77":1u82l8d3 said:
Don't want to stir up any bother, but... :twisted:

As a Zaskar fan myself, I'm always interested in a bit of a debate about end caps, 6061, etc. That's why I remembered a similar discussion a while ago.

Anyway, a quick search and here it is, albeit a bit shorter, less heated and involving the now infamous 'TULSTAR'!!!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64553

Amazing thing is, it's the exact same frame number.

The plot thickens.........

my my the plot does thicken :?

Dewyuk where did you get this frame from ??

Who sold it to you, was it on ebay?

If it was TULSTAR, which from the frame serial number, it seems likely. Can you give some info as this guy ripped a lot of people off?

Unless you are TULSTAR? Sorry to have to ask, but similar things have happened in the past. Please don't take offence. :(

Hi all..the answer to your question is no i dont think it was tulsar(whoever tulsar may be...i bought it from an address in birmingham...in all honesty i bought it in good faith as a zaskar...(iam still in the dark as to what bike it actually is) and it appears that nobody is 100% sure either.....anyone who has seen my ebay listing will see that i have pointed out that there is doubts over this bike...obviously it is not in my interests to take what gm says as gospal....the way he has behaved over this episode really goes to show what a nauseating sad little idiot he is.

In anycase whether this is a Zaskar or not doesnt really affect the quality of the frame....IT IS A METAL BIKE FRAME MADE FROM THE SAME QUALITY ALUMINIUM AS THE BEST GT BIKES THAT WERE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME....

maybe the only real difference is a sticker :LOL:

..you wouldnt believe the amount of interest and offers that i have had on this bike...it is ridiculous!!!..and none of them seem to give a monkeys whether the bike is a Zaskar or not...

some of them have actually followed this argument aswell...i suppose that i have gm to thank for that ;)

To be perfectly honest there is a good chance that it will dissapear from ebay tommorow.

Normally i wouldnt do this but i would rather take decent money from somebody that doesnt care what name is given to bike (remember if the only difference between this bike being a zasker or not is a poxy little curved tube end then WHO CARES

Thanks to everyone who has tried to be constructive and help me with this :) it is appreciated

anyway i will be after a new bike soon (a bigger one) so any ideas [/b]

Dewyuk":8fi3mg17 said:
gm here is a question for you in front of everyone...dont be afraid if you do not know the answer..

Did GT make a 12.5 1997 Avalanche?????

quite simple!! yes or no

Show me the catalog pic ans specs which I sent you of the 1996 or 1997 Zaskar or Zaskar LE if you think you are so smart. Doesn't show any 12.5 Zaskars or Zaskar LE's for 96 or 97 either does it? So just keep shouting then that this is what yours is because according to all the info it was never made.

This we all agree on though. the only frames GT made in late 96 and 97 out of 6061 with a curved top tube end cap were the 1997 model year Avalanche and Avalanche LE frames.

bigdawg":25rwmd74 said:
has anyone got scans ofthe madison catalogues from 96 or 97??

? Madison Catalogs? You mean the GT catalogs from 1996 and 1997. Yes have them all. None have a picture of the 12.5" frame though. None list either the Zaskar or Avalanche being available in a 12.5" frame. The 97 catalog does say the Avalanche and Avalanche LE were out of 6061 tubing and they are shown with curved top tube end caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back