Retro (ahem) Sussex ride 26/08/07 Round Up

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
A quick thank you to Tintin, The Salvage Tech, Klein Chris, Snooks, and Heathy for a great day out in the saddle.

I'm sure pics will follow from those that didn't forget or could be arsed to bring a camera...

A few highlights...

*Quite a few punctures (Tintin - buy some proper off road tyres ). :D

*Hats off to Tintin and Snooks for making it down those hills without suspension and walking the retro walk as opposed to Heathy and I just talking the retro talk. :oops:

*Chris's attempts to become the new Hilts in his spontaneous comedy dismounts. :LOL:

*The Salvage Tech's new XTR f.mech ending up not shifting as well as the one it replaced a day ago. :x

*My still not at all well King rear hub internals deciding to have a go at spooling up my chain and eating the teeth off my XTR chainset! :evil:

*Tintin's getting lost (AGAIN) and at the same point as last time LOL. Good sport had a smile on his face when we were all re-united though. Top chap. :cool:

*Heathy and myself shouting "make it count"and "use the hill" at any rider that passed us on our numerous chat stops (that were usually a pre-cursor to a mechanical by about ten yards of starting off again. :roll:

*Heathy's attempt to 'clean' us all with his plug in car Pressure washer. :eek:

*Tintin's incredibly life like impression of the squirrel in the Pixar film 'Over the Hedge', every time he sprinted off up hills on a bike that couldn't a): absorb bumps, and, b): stop. :LOL: - He's bloody quick too! :shock:

*A quite uninspiring and overpriced, but well deserved Sunday Roast (Should've had the soup). :roll:

*The three or four riders that I spoke to on the train home and out and about variously, that all started harking on about their '94 Explosif or their '92 Cannondale M800 when they were told what it said on the front of my RB shirt. :cool:

A good day was had by all and let's keep these going well into winter.

:D

F***k it was the same place i got lost again :oops: Next time i will NOT get lost :) tyres changed back to 1.5 conti cross :D

Great day out guys :D Had a blast, good to meet some more retrobikers.
Looking forward to the peaks ride now...

Another great bike ride lots of nice retro and not so (ahem) retro bikes good to meet you all and hope to do it again soon

Tony any more Eye Candy on the train home???

Cheers peeps

Ch

26082007616.jpg

26082007615.jpg

Klein-Mad-Chris said:
Another great bike ride lots of nice retro and not so (ahem) retro bikes good to meet you all and hope to do it again soon

Tony any more Eye Candy on the train home???

Cheers peeps

Ch

Sorry Chris went home by car. (Big thanks to Snooks) So no 'eye candy' :(

Like the pictures :)

thanks for the pics all. And thanks for coming out to play.

Let's keep the meets regular then.

And any others that want to ride too.

:D

Cheers every one for making my 1st retro meet such an enjoyable one, very much looking forward to the next.
even though i didn't fall off at any point, why does my upper body feel like its been 3 rounds with tyson!??

Hurrrah!

It's not just me!...I mean I'm sorry you're feeling bad and all, but I thought it was just me, my old bike and (low) level of fitness!

Hurrah, ma be I'm not that bad after all!!! :0)

I'm STILL hurting after my fall...boo!

G

Back