1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do some research on the component parts either on here through the MTB for Sale section or on Completed listings on Ebay. Will give you an easy way of calculating whats worth what.

Despite the confusion, it would make a nice bike for my lad to grow into. His Islabike will soon be too small. It is a GT in a very small size, (this is certain?) so I really don't mind about the debate as to which model.

Dewyuk":tabikl8j said:
I bought it from ebay local to me...i dont want to sell it on here at the minute because nobody can be 100% sure what it is.....................i have had gm messaging me calling me a fraud saying iam trying to decieve people etc etc....im just as in the dark as everybody else..i would love to know the truth!!!

Can't comment on this but there are unscrupulous people out there, I'm not for one minute suggesting that you are !!!! What I have learnt since joining this Forum is that the Retrobike community Will challenge anybody trying to make a fast buck, or appearing to do so. If you hadn't posted this Bike on Retrobike first before listing it on ebay you would have been surprised how many members here would have been messaging you through ebay, challenging the fact Zaskar or Not.

We're the good guys, I think ;)

Iwasgoodonce

I agree, shame my daughters only 3 as it will take a lot of growing in to :)

To be fair i have over 1000 ebay transactions 100% positive feedback..i do not want to pull the wool over peoples eyes for the sake of a mountain bike...it is just not worth it...i posted on here originally to let people have a look and tell me what they thought of the bike....gm starts running his mouth but doesnt have a clue what bike it is for certain

and when i say certain i mean certain!!

only stand your ground if you know the facts

why so defencive if it's "only a mountain bike" ? also theres no bikes that i can see in your 1000+ feedback ;)

i don't think you'r trying to do anyone out of anything but you did get your back up very quickly when challenged if it was a real zasker...... i mean , did you really have to do pictures of the frame number with gm's forum name wrote down beside them ? pretty childish to look at :roll:

good luck finding out what frame it is :D and i hope you make good money on it as it's a nice bike whatever it is ;)

I did the photos with gm's username next to them because he was sending messages to my inbox calling me a fraud etc etc...he was going on like a real baby.....he asked me to send him photos of the serial number and he said that when i did that they would probably be serial numbers from another bike etc etc......so i said...to proove they are my photos i will take them next to a piece of paper with your username

that way he knew...

if you seen some of the messages he was sending then you would understand why it got my back up

matter of fact i might even cut and paste a few of them

to be fair that gm might know a thing or two about GT bikes but he was behaving like a real dick..

...wouldnt you be defensive if someone was calling you a con man..a fraud...sending you inbox messages saying i was attempting to rip people off etc etc........im sure you would

by the way i have another ebay account which i have sold thousands of pounds worth of cars and trucks...trust me iam not gonna rob someone fro the sake of a mountain bike

Dewyuk":1n5i24n6 said:
Okay here is the bikepedia link.....

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... =Avalanche LE&Type=bike

according to this the smallest 1997 avalanche le available is a 14.5 frame.......mine is clearly a 12.5

the 1998 avalanche was available as a 12.5 frame but my bike is stamped 0996 so it is definitely not an 1998 lol

has anyone seen a pic of a 1997 avalanche in a 12.5 frame because i sure as hell cannot find one!!!!

plus my bike is september 1996 which seems quite early for it to be a 1997???

Yes that's all good as you state above but it's the same thing I told you last night...remember. This all started with me telling you that the catalogs and printed info show NO 12.5" Zaskar or Zaskar LE frames being produced in 1996 and 1997. Hello anything up there? I already told you September of 1996 was not to early to be producing 1997's. Why can't you believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back