RB NATIONAL STATUS EVENT: Forest of Dean July 18th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMD":36aby7gm said:
daj, I stopped riding in 95, back then I raced and was quite fit.
Got overweight over the years, so at beginning of this year began riding again. Slowly losing weight and getting fitter, but know there's a way to go yet. Also been out of touch with all things cycling, so assume things have changed, as in the wearing of helmets etc (less common in 95).
As I'm new to the forum I have no idea of the pace of these rides.
Think I'll wait till next year so I don't embarrass myself

I went on my first RB ride in the Peaks in '08, hardly touched a bike in years, 2-3 stone overweight etc etc. I managed (most!) of it - and came back for more! This was the catalyst to getting back to fitness again - and lose those extra pounds (many of them). That ride was HARD and HILLY and ROCKY. FoD will most likely be a much more gentle experience and we wait for people. Some even stop to have a fag. Go on, go on, go on, go on. Give it a try - you'll like it. If you don't go and then look at all the people enjoying themselves in the aftermath thread you'll regret it!

BTW, helmets aren't compulsory but sensible off road at least. This is one area when 'Retro' isn't necessarily the favoured option. How much to you value your brains at? Any helmet is cheap in comparison.

Old Ned":261fr0nv said:
SMD":261fr0nv said:
daj, I stopped riding in 95, back then I raced and was quite fit.
Got overweight over the years, so at beginning of this year began riding again. Slowly losing weight and getting fitter, but know there's a way to go yet. Also been out of touch with all things cycling, so assume things have changed, as in the wearing of helmets etc (less common in 95).
As I'm new to the forum I have no idea of the pace of these rides.
Think I'll wait till next year so I don't embarrass myself

I went on my first RB ride in the Peaks in '08, hardly touched a bike in years, 2-3 stone overweight etc etc. I managed (most!) of it - and came back for more! This was the catalyst to getting back to fitness again - and lose those extra pounds (many of them). That ride was HARD and HILLY and ROCKY. FoD will most likely be a much more gentle experience and we wait for people. Some even stop to have a fag. Go on, go on, go on, go on. Give it a try - you'll like it. If you don't go and then look at all the people enjoying themselves in the aftermath thread you'll regret it!

BTW, helmets aren't compulsory but sensible off road at least. This is one area when 'Retro' isn't necessarily the favoured option. How much to you value your brains at? Any helmet is cheap in comparison.

You forgot wet when describing that Peaks ride Ned.

I'll try and make the effort to attend, although its a long old drive for me.

But if Daisy Duke is in attendance, you can put me down as a definate!

Iwasgoodonce wrote:
[/quote]You forgot wet when describing that Peaks ride Ned.
That's because it was sunny and warm in 09 :D and here's a pic to prove it, Old Ned followed by rc200ti, and if there was ever a 'guess the combined age' competition this photo would be it.

Ned's right SMD, you'll never meet a more supportive group of folks on a ride.

Attachments

• s3965210045_83e6647462_b.jpg
    s3965210045_83e6647462_b.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,737
Saw Del today, trails are riding beautifully so should be good.

Let Dave or I know if there's anyone missed off the list of attendees on the first post as may have lost track across three pages.

Cheers

Ed

Hoping to make this....

Don't suppose anyone going is near Malmesbury or j16/17 M4 ish and wants to share a lift..

K

Chris":3t5vvs32 said:
With a bit of luck I should be bringing the Mt Tam down for this ride :D

You brave man :cool:

If the weather is fine then I may have a new (to me) late 80's number to bring along, I havent received it yet and will need to build it up etc.

Looking forward to the pub lunch already (did I just say that out loud :shock:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back