What size band on Front Mech

Thanks for all the informative posts, always good to know the caveats to the general rule.
To be honest my last post was tongue in cheek, I don't really give a flying pair of carbon forks about those that are compelled to write about how superior they are.
When I asked the question the clock on ebay was running down and I was nowhere near any of my road bikes. I knew that some kind folk are quick off the mark to reply so I asked the question. It saved me from bidding on the wrong size. so I'm gratefull.

monty dog":3v7yldtc said:
Oops - I should have qualified that - for a steel frame, if the seatpost is smaller than 27.2mm then it's 28.6!
Believe it or not, that 853 frame also takes a 26.8mm seatpost. There's an internal sleeve brazed into the top of the seat tube...

Maybe my original post wasn't clear, it was somewhat tongue in cheek - hence the last two words. However there was a serious point which is that there is no substitute for taking measurements. I wouldn't buy anything without knowing for sure it would fit and the only way to be sure is to measure.

I have a couple of bikes with BB mount front mechs and it never occurred to me to wonder why. Until I noticed that the seat tube on one is externally butted.

Back