1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewyuk":28dombff said:
the bike is stamped 96 not 97...iam not claiming this..you can see with your own eyes

Read two posts above....get past the date it was produced....they started the 1997 model year spec (6061 frame)and production in late 1996. (Gee September is in the last quarter of the year) They have to in order to supply the entire world by riding season....duh! This is manufacturing 101...you guys really think this all happens overnight? Good thing you aren't in the import/sourcing side of things for a living.

your a rather bit(hy guy aren't you gm? no offense, but, you are taking this a bit too seriously, it's a bike at the end of the day, and company can sell bikes worldwide, and have them built inside 3 months, however, the 6061, wouldn't come into play until 0197 on the stamp, logically. and riding season, as you call it, is from march at the earliest,

mikeekim89":jth9fwvo said:
it's far too early too be discussing this, lol, however, i have too say, the stamped date, is the month that it's finished and checked for safety, not the month it goes out for sale, although it still seems early for a 1997.. umless it's a full suspension, where alot can go wrong.

Remember they were producing for 40 countries at the time. What, maybe 400-700 bikes on a good day all models considered. Read post above again.
They were building frames long before Shimano had the parts in their hands they had no choice because Shimano produces components to order they don't fill a warehouse and wait for companies to order.

mikeekim89":3s1fk9k5 said:
it's far too early too be discussing this, lol, however, i have too say, the stamped date, is the month that it's finished and checked for safety, not the month it goes out for sale, although it still seems early for a 1997.. umless it's a full suspension, where alot can go wrong.

Remember they were producing for 40 countries at the time. What, maybe 400-700 bikes on a good day all models considered. Read post above again.
They were building frames long before Shimano had the parts in their hands they had no choice because Shimano produces components to order they don't fill a warehouse and wait for companies to order.

Well this is a zaskar...might be 2001 but it looks pretty identical frame to me lol

Attachments

• Zaskar-2.jpg
    Zaskar-2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,190
Dewyuk":7msvzsgo said:
Well this is a zaskar...might be 2001 but it looks pretty identical frame to me lol

Well now let's see.....GM throws Dewyuk his pop-bottle thick glasses!
Put these on....seeeeee!
It's not a Zaskar it's a Zaskar Race. Search and you'll find out the Zaskar race was the first Taiwan built Zaskar.

Not even close. Just a few differences
1) Rear dropouts are CNC
2) CNC seat tube with integrated clamp
3) Easton Custom butted Taperwall tubing
4) LX and XT parts not STX
5) A real suspension fork
6) CNC head tube and BB
7) Yours is 6061 and that's the first taiwan built Zaskar the Zaskar Race and they were 7005 with a curved top cap.

I actually think yours looks more like the lowly Tempest and Backwoods.
Yukdew it's time for you to switch bike brands :D :D

anyway time to have a sleep...but gm i think your talking nonsense and i do not believe you worked for GT because how can an employee of GT not be able to identify one of their own bikes correctly...i mean come on..a simple mountain bike...your claiming it was made in 97 when it is quite clearly a 96 frame anyway your boring me too much..bye for now

you cannot make your mind up can you...you say it is an avalanche then a tempest now a backwoods....which one do you want????? you dont have a clue my friend

Dewyuk":33680ut6 said:
anyway time to have a sleep...but gm i think your talking nonsense and i do not believe you worked for GT because how can an employee of GT not be able to identify one of their own bikes correctly...i mean come on..a simple mountain bike...your claiming it was made in 97 when it is quite clearly a 96 frame anyway your boring me too much..bye for now

Go back and read the posts. I never claimed it was made in 97. I claimed it was a 1997 model that was produced in late 1996. Get your facts straight bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back