1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikeekim89":1qilusuv said:
and, just too add a little extra too my side, the avalanche LE specs from bikepedia, saying 7000 series aluminium. http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

Yes, but remember yukdew is claiming it's a 1996 frame and it's NOT. It's an early production 1997 model year frame produced in 0996. 1997 frames were 6061 and USA made with a CURVED CAP! Imagine that. :D

Check the 1997 Avalanche and Avalanche LE Bikepedia Specs and see for yourself. I've already forwarded these to the original poster/imposter

hmm, ok. i conceed, your correct about the 1997 avalanches, but that doesn't explain why GT would build a 1997 sale bike in september 1996, as far as i can tell, they build them from november for the next year. and i just realised, we're hi-jacking this thread, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry thread owner, :?

so its not a tempest because tempests were not 6061 and it is not a 1997 avalanche because the cut of point is november for the next year and not september!!!!

mikeekim89":2w6cabr3 said:
hmm, ok. i conceed, your correct about the 1997 avalanches, but that doesn't explain why GT would build a 1997 sale bike in september 1996, as far as i can tell, they build them from november for the next year. and i just realised, we're hi-jacking this thread, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry thread owner, :?

Well let's see....do you really think they can begin producing the 1997 bikes after Jan 1st 1997 and fill the shops in the 40 countries GT was sold in at the time and satisfy all the dealers needs by spring in what three to four months production out of a not really that big plant in Santa Ana, CA??? I've been there stood next to the line and there's no way. In case you didn't notice there are companies that already have their 2011's on the water and arriving in warehouses and it's July 2010. Some of the 1997 LTS's were even manufactured in late June of 1996. Saw it happening with my own eyes. From the time they are built and boxed it takes another 30 days to ship them overseas clear customs and get them in a warehouse. Follow me...frame is made in September...gets put on a rack....gets sent sown the road to the subcontractor that does the ball burnishing....is there a couple weeks. Comes back to the assembly area and get put on racks by size...may sit there a couple days or a couple weeks depending upon what's need most. Finally gets assembled and boxed and goes on a container which may take a couple days to fill since they are all going to one country/distributor. Sails and arrives a month later at the destination country a couple weeks before Christmas maybe in time for a dealer to order one and have it assembled as a gift just 10 days before the new year. Reality!
Imagine that the 2011 cars are hitting the dealers lots and it's only July of 2010.

hmm, i wouldn't say it's an avalanche, i'm positive avalanches have the serial number on the BB dropout..

I think he is being a bit anal about this...it is a 6061-t6 aluminium frame and it is stamped 0996 so i dont see how you can claim that it is a 1997 bike...surely if it was a 1997 model then it would have made more sense to stamp it as one???

it's far too early too be discussing this, lol, however, i have too say, the stamped date, is the month that it's finished and checked for safety, not the month it goes out for sale, although it still seems early for a 1997.. umless it's a full suspension, where alot can go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back