1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dewyuk":3gyqxzxi said:
to be fair you did claim to know it all in the messages you sent me...the frame is 0996 as shown in the photos...any thing which i may have typed previous is a typing error SIMPLE AS THAT...the bike was made in 1996

Dewyuk you are spreading stuff that is not true. I never said or claimed to know it all but I have proved that your frame is not what you have it listed as. Even mikeekim89and most other GT owners that frequent retrobike know that real USA built Zaskars have a flat top tube end cap.

gm1230126":2ek6zpv4 said:
Dewyuk you are spreading stuff that is not true. I never said or claimed to know it all but I have proved that your frame is not what you have it listed as. Even mikeekim89and most other GT owners that frequent retrobike know that real USA built Zaskars have a flat top tube end cap.

:shock: excuse me buddy, i proved that, :LOL: :LOL: my credit there, nice try though ;)

mikeekim89":2imya9z1 said:
:shock: excuse me buddy, i proved that, :LOL: :LOL: my credit there, nice try though ;)

funny thing is mikeekim89 that I asked yukdew through a pm hours ago if it had a flat or curved top tube end cap and he never answered me....so I was on to that already just not publicly until I was forced to give him some proof.

ahh, but you see, you claimed it too be an avalanche, and said it was the wrong year, and wrong type of aluminium, given avalanche and backwoods are both 7005, i on the other hand, found a 1996 tempest, and pinned it down as that, as the forum clearly shows, so, there for, i found the model, you claimed wrong, you did however i must admit, notice the top cap curve, which isn't the most obvious model sign out there.

how is it not the same frame? same materials, same flat cap, same rear triangle brace, same dropout welds, you my friend, are wrong on this one. sorry.

mikeekim89":tqtpdlf9 said:
how is it not the same frame? same materials, same flat cap, same rear triangle brace, same dropout welds, you my friend, are wrong on this one. sorry.

When I said not the same frame I was talking tubing...yukdew's is clearly stamped 6061 meaning it's an Avalanche or Avalanche LE frame from the 1997 model year which were USA made and the geometry and stay length are also different. Not to mention the weight. Those Tempest frames averaged around 4lb 10oz from what I remember.

Tubing 6061 vs 7005
Geometry
Chainstay length
Country of origin

all different....So Yes, they are not the same frame :LOL:

all avalanches are 7005 series aluminium though, and the frame was made mid 96, meaning 96 build specs, and, the frame weight, fromworld rangers build thread

Wold Ranger":2m1cuyma said:
Just thrown this together, not too common in 12.5 size Billet finish, model is Tempest, but weighes 3.7 pounds so pretty light,

mikeekim89":10vg81i5 said:
no i'm sorry, i disagree gm, avalanche's are made from 7005 series aluminium, as are the backwoods, which would make this frame a mystery, the curved back plate points too non zaskar, but the 6061 series aluminium means it's not a avalanche, or a backwoods.

1997 model year Avalanche and Avalanche LE were 6061 and USA Made. Sorry but this is true. I'll post a catalog link shortly after it's scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back