1996 GT Zaskar is for sale on ebay 12.5 frame,pace evo forks

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikeekim89":cfjkh42n said:
he's right, it is odd however too have the serial number on the outside of the drop out, :? i'm sure there all meant too be on the inside, £100 seems like a good deal on this,,

I've got at least a half dozen GT's with the serial number on the outside of the rear dropout as do others.

i thought the backwoods was 7005 series aluminium, :? the curved top tube stamp begs the zaskar or not issue..

really, :? i'm just on about zaskars to be honest, bothof mine are stamped on the inside of the non driveside rear drop out,

ok so it is a show piece bike now lol :LOL: omg make your mind up...its becoming rarer by the minute!!!....im not knocking your knowledge its just you seem to be tying yourself in knots

Dewyuk":3ro1p6tk said:
Well i just wanted to shoot this guy down in flames!! how can it possibly be a 97 Backwoods or a 98 avalanche when it is clearly a 1996 6061 frame...tell me please id love to know!!!!

Again I never claimed to "know it all". I do know a fair amount and I am willing to do the research unlike yourself....your frame was produced in either 10 of 96 like you posted or 09 or 1996 like it is stamped in your pictures which would actually make it a 1997 model year frame. Both the Avalanche and Avalanche LE were 6061 and USA made for the 1997 model year. That's right....walk over to the wall there to your bookcase and pull out your 1997 GT catalog from your collection and see for yourself. I already have. Your frame is one of the two but it has Zaskar decals on it along with a designed in the USA decal that was designed to be on a Taiwan frame..you tell us how that got there after all it is your bike.

no i'm sorry, i disagree gm, avalanche's are made from 7005 series aluminium, as are the backwoods, which would make this frame a mystery, the curved back plate points too non zaskar, but the 6061 series aluminium means it's not a avalanche, or a backwoods.

to be fair you did claim to know it all in the messages you sent me...the frame is 0996 as shown in the photos...any thing which i may have typed previous is a typing error SIMPLE AS THAT...the bike was made in 1996

i agree, september 1996, the drop out says it clear as day, but i think it's a tempest over a zaskar buddy, maybe even the exact one in the link,

mikeekim89":2yqs6c8x said:
:? the curved top tube stamp begs the zaskar or not issue..

Imagine that....it's an Avalanche or Avalanche LE that was USA made...in late 1996.... meaning early 1997 model year production and the 1997 Avalanche and Avalanche LE were USA made and 6061 per the catalog and Bikepedia.

dewyuk begins waving the white flag.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back