Manchester Clayton Vale Fortnightly Mid Week Race Series

Bad luck Paul, keep your chin up the M62 isn't as far as it seems. See you Saturday.

Just arrived at Clayton now, should have time for a lap or two before K arrives unless he's gone to polo!

Sorry I didn't make this - too late back from a meeting to finish my race bike and get over. Obviously managed a few games of polo in the gloom, so not all bad...

Mr K

You missed a good race Neil. The track was altered a little from last time and this improved it. The turnout was good too, with the series seemingly catching on.

I was hoping to have the Raleigh ready for this but didn't manage to build the front wheel in time, so the ti-mega was used. Off the start I got a collection of twigs stuck in the cassette, meaning the gears were skipping, once I'd cleared those I was virtually last. But I recovered well, despite a stitch and finished 32nd with 5 laps in the bag.

Hopefully there will be some photos as a couple of photographers were on track.

I went to enter the last in this series think it was on the 19th?

Packed the bike up in the car and left straight after work, due to the Stockport road being dug up work I arrived with 5 mins to spare. I had also forgotten to visit the bank on my lunch for entrance money.

It was raining and the people waiting to race were already covered in mud and soaking wet. I'd had a very stressful day so I thought China Town for a tasty meal.

I wouldn't mind entering some of these in the future, I just need a little forward planning, when do they start again?

Not sure Stally, but it seemed a good series even though I only did 2 rounds of it.

Hopefully they'll do a winter series, if I heard anything i'll give you a shout.

elPedro666":1cqlt9sm said:
Plan to pull my finger out and get along to these this year, hope they're running them again!
Well worth the effort Pete. Plenty of differing abilities take part, so some good competition from the fastest to the slowest.

sinnett177":1qp456gg said:
elPedro666":1qp456gg said:
Plan to pull my finger out and get along to these this year, hope they're running them again!
Well worth the effort Pete. Plenty of differing abilities take part, so some good competition from the fastest to the slowest.

And short laps mean you can just get lapped and it doesn't look so bad... ;)

Back